Possibility to display Frame numbers of a video?

Hello, I'm having most of the information i want with the movie plugin in the panel, ratio, size, etc.. but is there a way to display the numer of frames please ? that would be amazing ! Thanks !

Right click anywhere along the column names shown in the attached screenshot. Then, select Columns > Movies > Frame rate, as the screenshot shows. Job done!

Total number of frames isn't a built-in field at the moment.

You could get a rough estimate by multiplying the framerate by the duration, which could be shown via a script column (assuming the framerate and duration are displayed OK already). Wouldn't be exact though.

What kind of situations do you need the exact frame count in?

Hi, first, the informations are not displayed anymore :frowning: it was working earlier, and then, now , impossible to display them.
it was working locally at first, then i sitched on my NAS, it didn't worked, and now i'm back locally and it's not working anymore, stopped to display any information except basic one (size in Mb, time).

anyway, i'm converting videos and upscaling them through AI software, but as it's machine intensive and frame based (more there are frames more in take times), and as i have a lot of small clips to convert, i noticed that a lof of these videos have duplicate frames. so i'm removing these frames (using ffmpg) by batch.

but not all of them have duplicates. only way to be sure is to watch frames numbers of the videos.
for now, i'm using MPC-BE and open the "go to" feature, which display the number of frame at the current pause position. so i then fast forward to the end of the clip, open the property window again and i have my frame number. so i know if i must delete the original clip and use the "removed frame" one to put in my video AI software, or not. there are hundred of videos, so doing this with a disabled hand (yes) it's pretty hard.

displaying the frame numbers would solve the "issue". (Thanks :wink: )

Frame rate (Frame per second) and Number of frames in total in a video are too different things.

I think MediaInfo can get the information, so you may be able to use or adapt this to display it in Opus:

I'm not sure if it currently includes a frame count column, but it displays a lot of other data from MediaInfo so it'd probably be easy to adapt if it doesn't have it already. (At least in theory. I have not looked at it in detail.)

ok, thanks for the tip, i will look into it ! :slight_smile: ! By the way, any idea why the display of the information in DO worked and then stopped working ? must i open an another ticket ? i use Movie plugin and "active x + preview + office + internet" but unfortunatly i'mpossible to add in the last one at the x64 lines, any extension. the "add" is greyed. But it worked prefectly this morning certainly with only the movie plugin and then, stopped working, and i don't know why.

yes, mediainfo can do it, with this command. now just need to know how to use it in DO ;).

mediainfo --Output="Video;%FrameCount%" input.avi

That's exactly what the script does. It "attaches" (keyword ADS) all MediaInfo output to the files. You just have to click one button and activate one or more columns. Everything's explained on Github page.

1 Like

Probably a video codec/splitter DLL issue. Try restarting Opus (File > Exit Directory Opus).

1 Like

yes, just succeded to do the install !! I posted a message on the topic of the script, as i maybe did something wrong at some point, but it's working great.

I need to find now how to implement the mediainfo count number command line into this :).

yes , it's working now ! Thanks :slight_smile: :slight_smile: !