Possible to create a button for Sort newly created and copies files?

For the option under...
"Preferences / File Operations / Copy Options / Sort newly created and copied files"
...is it possible to have a button that would toggle the feature on and off, i.e. is there a script or function I can insert into a button to get the desired toggle effect?

Thank you

There isn't a command to toggle it at the moment.

We could add one if needed, but if it's something you only want temporarily, I'm guessing it's to monitor for new files/folders in a specific folder when doing certain things?

If so, maybe sorting by date (creation or modified) and mixing files & folders (so all the folders don't come first and you can see new items of either type) would be better? If so, you can already do that.

e.g. Something like this will toggle a mode like that:

@if:Set SORTORDER=Mixed
Set SORTORDER=Folders SORTBY=name COLUMNSREMOVE=created 
@if:else
Set SORTORDER=Mixed COLUMNSADD=created(!3) SORTBY=created

(It adds and removes the Created Date/Time column, on the assumption you don't want to see it normally.)

Thanks veyr much for the clear explanation and suggestion. I'm sort of using a similar setup already - I have date creation ordered in a specific folder but globally I have "Sort newly created and copied files" disabled because it's more convenient when not working in the specific date ordered folder.

I was just hoping I could do a quick toggle to get the best of both worlds - no problem though - I've managed for years without thinking about it until today. I'll just remember where to "toggle" in the Preferences from now on.

Thanks again.

You could make a button or hotkey which runs Prefs PAGE=copyopts to quickly open Preferences on the appropriate page, if that helps speed things up.

Ooh, that's good - thank you - perfect.