Possible? updating inactive lister with collection shown?

when adding items to collections in the opposite lister, it won´t update until it is active & reloaded. Is there maybe a trick to keep it updating, even when not being the active lister?

Do you just copy the items to the collection using drag-and-drop, a button etc.? Do you use dual display mode or just two separate Listers?
When I add items to collections, the Lister refreshes immediately ... :confused:

[quote="Christiaan"]Do you just copy the items to the collection using drag-and-drop, a button etc.? Do you use dual display mode or just two separate Listers?
When I add items to collections, the Lister refreshes immediately ... :confused:[/quote]

I use mainly a shortcut command, CLIPBOARD COPY ADD, so the source lister, where items are selected from, stays active.

Clipboard COPY ADD doesn't add things to file collections, it just puts files into the clipboard.

You could create a hotkey with this code:

Copy TO="coll://"

Or try a button with this code:

Copy COLLLIST

Sorry, Leo is right, of course, i mixed it up somehow, that´s no clipboard action.

But i had something like "COPYTOCOLL" first, then Johnzeman provided some nice solution for copying stuff depending on their type, which is also some sort of "copy to coll" action. Anyway, the destination, which isn´t active, doesn´t update.