Powerarchiver shell extensions not working while dragging

Since this newest version of DOpus the powerarchiver shell extensions while dragging a zip file are not working any longer.
This while in 8.0.1.1 this was still working OK...

When I drag the zip file with my right mouse and release it, I only get the winrar shell extensions

and when I just right mouse click on the zip file (without dragging) I get all the shell extensions configured

Enabling or disabling the ZIP-file options in DOpus under preferences doesn't make any difference...

Can somebody help me to get my powerarchiver shell extensions back while dragging a zip file?

Don't know what to tell you as I actually have a similar yet slightly different problem...

I disable the Windows context menu in favor of my own customized menus. I've tried to add the PowerArchiver CLSID that would seem to be the correct drop handlers to my Dopus Drop Menu for supported file types but it just doesn't work, and now I guess you've told me why. I thought I hadn't picked the right CLSID and didn't even think to try the full context menu... but like you I'd really like it to work.

I think I'll cruise on over to Dopus website and submit a program anomaly.

[quote]
I think I'll cruise on over to Dopus website and submit a program anomaly.[/quote]

Good plan steje... Please post your findings back here if you want. Should help all people with this anomaly!

Strange "bug" in this new version I think....
And why doesn't have WinRAR the same problem?

Submitted...

And as to WinRAR - who can say why one extension is fine and another is not. It's all up to the code eh?

I signed up here just for this one issue and see someone else had it. Glad its not just me. I am still evaulating DO and I must say it is a very nice Filemanager. I hope they have a fix for this soon.

SCuM

EDIT: A friend just recommended IZArc which supports more formats than PowerArchiver and is free and the context menus work, so I think I will go with that.

[quote]
A friend just recommended IZArc which supports more formats than PowerArchiver and is free and the context menus work, so I think I will go with that.[/quote]

Good option, but there are more utils with working context like WinRAR. But this problem should be fixed if you don't want to go around the problem.

Good thinking though !!

Espcecially since some Dopus users may already have spent money on PowerArchiver and 'won't' switch to another app :slight_smile:.

Anyhow - it seems like the 'offending' CLSID for the PA drag and drop maneuver is {d03d3e69-0c44-3d45-b15f-bcfd8a8b4c7e}. So let's hope it can be looked into and maybe fixed sometime soon.

Ok I have a fix for this now. We will hopefully be releasing a new version in a week or two.

Great news Jon, thanks for the support!

good news for sure!! :slight_smile:
thx for the support...