Prevent deselect when copying/remember folder settings

Hi :slight_smile:
I have been checking Opus out for a fortnight now and I find it awesome - very much the explorer replacement I was looking for.
Couple questions :
[ul][li]can I prevent files/folders being deselected when I cut/copy them ? very useful when one decides to add another one (or remove)[/li]
[li]can opus remember folder sizes/positions - automatically (found this which is hopefully outdated) ?[/li]
[li]when I view a folder and change sort order and then go for instance Up - the parent folder is displayed with this new sort order rather than the default one - any way to change this ? related also to previous question - could folders remember their view settings (not only size and position) like in good old XP ?[/li][/ul]
Thanks

[quote="MrsD"]Hi :slight_smile:
I have been checking Opus out for a fortnight now and I find it awesome - very much the explorer replacement I was looking for.
Couple questions :
[ul][li]can I prevent files/folders being deselected when I cut/copy them ? very useful when one decides to add another one (or remove)[/li]
[li]can opus remember folder sizes/positions - automatically (found this which is hopefully outdated) ?[/li]
[li]when I view a folder and change sort order and then go for instance Up - the parent folder is displayed with this new sort order rather than the default one - any way to change this ? related also to previous question - could folders remember their view settings (not only size and position) like in good old XP ?[/li][/ul]
Thanks[/quote]

1. You can. Copy this code & paste it (while in customize mode) into a toolbar. This is for copy only, since, i think, not deselecting for cut
    makes not much sense.

<?xml version="1.0"?> <button backcol="none" display="label" textcol="none"> <label>Copy no deselect</label> <icon1>#newcommand</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>@nodeselect</instruction> <instruction>COPY </instruction> </function> </button>

1. You can save (for instance, there are other ways) your things using following code in button, although this is no automatic saving.

<?xml version="1.0"?> <button backcol="none" display="label" textcol="none"> <label>&amp;normal</label> <icon1>#DOpusVista:statusbar</icon1> <function type="yourlayout"> <instruction>@Confirm Layout &quot;normal&quot; save this layout?|yes|abort</instruction> <instruction>Prefs LAYOUTSAVE=single LAYOUTNAME=yourlayout</instruction> </function> </button>

You might change the »yourlayout« in both places to your preferred name, like »standard« or something.

1. You can use the lock symbol in the right bottom corner to lock your format, so navigating around will maintain your
    listers sorting order. This is, however, sessionwise & won´t stick until your next Opus restart. You can save
    sorting orders under -> tools -> folder options -> under »save« resp. it´s submenu (»save for all sub folders«).
    In the second tab you will find some more settings. Also you might have a look in the FAQs

[url]How to save the positions of the Tree, Find and Viewer panes]

Please post only one topic in each thread. This will make it possible to keep track of different topics.

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:
I will try your suggestions ASAP and post back if I have any more questions - as for the one thread - well you can call all three : most obvious things missed from explorer (with no easy to find workaround)
Insert dashes :smiley:
Thanks again

The button abr has posted was for the Copy File command, but if you want to do the same thing when copying to the clipboard, you need to edit the Copy (and Cut) commands in the Edit menu and add the @nodeselect modifier to them.

Nb 1: The easiest way to edit a button or menu item is to hold the Alt key down and click it.
Nb 2: To add the modifier to those commands you'll need to switched to the Advanced button editor.

Not sure what do you mean. Can you give an example?

Thanks for all the responses !
@jon : I really want to edit the shortcuts - cntrl-c cntrl-x - to behave this way - will check it and report back
@ leo : like XP explorer : remembering the position of the right up corner and the size of a window - so when opening it from Run (say) the window will appear in the spot it was and with the size it had when last opened

1. the @nodeselect modifier worked - now how do I make the cut folders to "dim" (as per hidden folders) ?
  2. the lock does not make the trick - by default I have the items sorted by Name - sometimes I manually sort them by size - when I go Up or Back or open a folder by double click (in the same "lister") - the folder I see is sorted by size - not by Name as is my default - how can I revert this ?

You can tell Opus to remember the previous window size/position and re-use that the next time you open a window, but not on a per-folder basis.

They should dim automatically.

If they don't, try exiting and restarting Opus. Sometimes another application messes up the clipboard change which stops Opus noticing the cut. (The clipboard chain stuff will be made more robust in Opus 10, after noticing this.)

(Note that simply closing all windows will not exit Opus under the default config. See the FAQ on exiting Opus.)

Also, have a read of the Folder Formats FAQ if you haven't read it already. That may help with your third question.

Thanks - will post back if needed :slight_smile: