Prevent Folder Tree getting keyboard focus?

I'm using the Folder Tree almost exclusively for single-click operations — to go to a folder from a set of Favorites displayed at the top of the tree or e.g. to switch to some Desktop item like a Recycle Bin.
However, after I click there, the focus changes from the newly opened path to the tree, so I often make the mistake of pressing to move to some folder/file in this newly opened path that I need, but instead moving to another path in the folder tree (but I also don't want CtrlC to work there either not to accidentally copy a tree item)

For my use case, I don't even need arrow navigation or any other keyboard commands in the folder tree after this initial item selection, so I also don't even need for the focstrong textus to shift to / stay in that panel.

Hence I'd like to ask if you'd add two options:

1. disable keyboard (navigation etc.) in the folder tree
  2. disable focus "lingering" in the folder tree panel (e.g. right after I click on my favorite folder the focus should switch back immediately to my current tab)

(though the second option might make the first one redundant depending on how it's implemented, or maybe there would still be a brief period when the focus stays in the panel, in that case I'd still prefer for the keyboard navigation to not work there)

Thanks!

You could use a user command as a quick fix:

Go 
Set FOCUS=FileDisplay
// Select FIRST

1 Like

@lxp thanks, that's a nifty trick, will indeed use it as a workaround
By the way, is this also supposed to work when I mistakenly click in an empty area of the folder tree? Or since the Go command doesn't do anything, the next command setting focus back also fails.