Prevent tab editing when switching listers

Hi,

here's a small but annoying problem in Dopus from the days of Windows XP when switching between Windows Explorer windows (I'm using W7).

Let's say I have Dopus open in vertical dual Display mode and I have two tabs open in each window. If I switch to the inactive window by selecting its inactive tab then all is fine. However, if I switch to the inactive window by selecting its active tab, the tab goes into edit/rename mode.

Can this be prevented?.

Thanks.

That should only happen when you click on the tab labels. You could either set a larger minimum size to have some extra space or shorten the label names.

Hi abr,

yes, the tab minimum size could be increased as it only happens when clicking the text of the tab rather than free space after the text. This isn't really an adequate solution for me though, as most long path directory names are going to exceed any minimum tab size setting.

My use of Dopus is to browse around many different directory structures, and the ability to use multiple tabs in dual mode is a big advantage. This means though, that the tab name will vary from click to click. This is only really a problem for dual windows as you are unlikely to click on the text of the active tab in the active window unless you DID want to rename it.

You can click the file display border, at the top of the file display, to activate it. Or click anywhere in the file display itself. Both will activate that file display (i.e. that side of a dual-display window).

[quote="LCCICT"]Hi,

here's a small but annoying problem in Dopus from the days of Windows XP when switching between Windows Explorer windows (I'm using W7).

Let's say I have Dopus open in vertical dual Display mode and I have two tabs open in each window. If I switch to the inactive window by selecting its inactive tab then all is fine. However, if I switch to the inactive window by selecting its active tab, the tab goes into edit/rename mode.

Can this be prevented?.

Thanks.[/quote]
I find this quite annoying myself. :imp: This "feature" should be able to be disabled. If I want to change the name of a tab then right-clicking makes much more sense. When I'm working, I'm in a hurry and should just be able to click anywhere on the tab to select that tab and the file display at the same time. At least a dozen times a day I cuss Dopus out for this irritant. :smiling_imp:

We'll improve this in the next beta.

That's great :thumbsup: Thanks!

Thanks for addressing this (in 10.2.0.3 beta) Leo.