Preview freezes by leafing through my pictures

Hi experts,

if I leaf through my picture collections with the preview window open, the program freezes at some point.
I've already checked all file association settings. Windows board resources are everywhere.
I use Windows 10 and Dopus in the current version.

Please help me that I can finally work properly with DOpus again.

Thank you,
Berndi

Which file types are involved?

The error occurs every time an MP4 video is playing in the preview window and I select the next file (JPG or MP4) before stopping or playing it completely.

Sometimes the program freezes when I look through JPG images in too fast a sequence.

Please do this next time the freeze happens and send us the results:

sent

The dump indicates Opus is waiting for the Office+ ActiveX + Preview + Web plugin to close after displaying a previous file (usually a document format like Office or PDF, or a video if the Movie plugin didn't handle the video).

That's probably in turn caused by an issue with another viewer component that isn't part of Opus. The plugin only acts as a proxy for other components so they can work in Opus without being written for Opus.

We'd need to know what the other component is to investigate further. When that plugin is involved, and if the viewer pane is wide enough, it will tell you which component is being use to display the current in brackets next to the file name at the top.

How can I find out?

When that plugin is involved, and if the viewer pane is wide enough, it will tell you which component is being use to display the current in brackets next to the file name at the top.

It is the Windows Media Player

If WMP is freezing, it's often an issue with video codecs/splitters, sometimes triggered by specific files that cause them to crash. Updating or finding alternatives for those components can fix things sometimes.

Have you manually installed any codecs or codec packs?

There's an alternative way to use WMP which may be more stable on your system. Try the steps shown in the Windows Media Player (Preview Handler) section of Viewer pane: Turn off auto-play for video and audio to see if that's more stable.

(Check that video playback is working OK in File Explorer's viewer pane as well, since this makes Opus try the same component File Explorer uses.)

Does this only happen when changing from a video to something else?

You mentioned above it also happened when moving through JPEG images. Or are there also some videos in that folder?

If it happens with just JPEGs, could you send us a dump of that?

Unfortunately, the problem with the JPG files cannot be reproduced.
As soon as it reappears, I will do a DUMP.

The workaround for the MediaPlayer works so far.

Many thanks for the help