Print/Export folder listing for selected files

Is there any way of exporting a listing of files for some, but not all, folders?

In the lister using Flat View - Grouped you can display a list of files by group and select files from some groups, but selecting files in the lister appears to have no effect on the Export function.

In the Export function, you can select Flat View - Grouped but there does not appear to be any way of selecting all files from selected folders (there is a filter function but that appears to operate on file name)

The filter should let you do that. It can filter on much more than just filenames.

I can see that the filer allows selection by date, attributes, and size, as well as wildcard and regular expressions applied to file names, but cannot see any way of selecting the contents of specified folders.

How to filter items by location or sub-folder

I have had a look at those examples where the suggestion is that you filter on "location" but there is no "location" option in the Export Folder Listing dialogue so far as I can see, only file name, size, date and attributes.

It doesn't matter if Location is in the list of columns you are printing. Just add it to the filter and it will work.

In the print dialog, turn on the Use filter checkbox, and then click the Define... button to the right of it. You can add any filter clause you like there and they are independent of the columns being printed.

[quote="leo"]It doesn't matter if Location is in the list of columns you are printing. Just add it to the filter and it will work.

In the print dialog, turn on the Use filter checkbox, and then click the Define... button to the right of it. You can add any filter clause you like there and they are independent of the columns being printed.[/quote]

Thanks. I've got it working now.