Problem searching files containing text (Nuance PaperPort IFilter DLL)

I've done this a lot but I'm searching through a folder of php web files searching for certain text.

It will find what I'm looking for if it is there but the search never stops. I'm not checking subfolders so there are probably not more than 50 files in the folder.

I can click Stop as much as I want but it doesn't stop and if I click the X on the find box it stops, at least the animation but end up having to close Directory Opus because the find section won't close.

I'm not 100% sure but I think this started after the latest update.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Directory Opus Pro 12.8 Build 6688 x64
OS 10.0 (B:16299 P:2 T:1) SP 0.0

Thanks,

Jeffery

It might be an IFilter component that something has installed going wrong, as a guess.

If you make a manually generated process dump using Task Manager, when the problem is happening, we may be able to use that to see which component or part of Opus is unable to stop:

Thanks Leo, I just sent an email with a link to the dump file compressed.

200dpi_wc11302_devenv

The problem looks like it is caused by this IFilter DLL, part of Nuance PaperPort, which is hanging:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Nuance\PaperPort\PDFProFilterPP64.dll

That DLL is dated 14/May/2013 so if there's an updated version I would try that first, in case they have fixed the bug.

You can also use a tool like SearchFilterView to find the filter and remove all extensions from it. There may be other PDF IFilters on your system that the extensions could be moved to which will work better, depending on what else is installed.