Problem with Lister of result of Duplicates with photos

Hello,
DO is my all-time favorite to manage files an it will be work better and faster as ADCSee Ultimate.

I am having problems with the Lister looking for a duplicate check.
When scrolling, the entries can relate and I cannot refer to anything more than another.

Problem Video of Lister

Knowing one or the other knows the problem.
There are more than 87,000 entries but with my lost CPU and 64GB RAM they contain
do not pose a problem. It should also work with my GTX 980 TI graphics card with 6 GB of RAM
but no problems?

Are you on the latest version? That looks like an issue which was fixed in 12.22.

This Version is 12.23 x64
Build 7655, 16.12.2020

Is Preferences / File Operations / Copy Options / Sort newly created and copied files turned on? The issue I'm thinking of only happened if it was off. I'm wondering if it's the same thing.

Yes it was on.

In this Video you can see that the problem comes after search duplicates?
Lister Problem after find Duplicates
Will be there a Problem with the Scrollwheel you can see at last when the mouse are in the windows and scrolls?!?

At this tim i help me with follow Workaround.
Create a Searchlist called "Duplicate Photos"
Then i click an different folder that the result list will be away.
Then i click the created result List "Duplicate Photos" that will be reload.
Then i can scroll and can select for delete photos.

Not fine but it works at this time.

It is very useful for searching duplicates for photos when it will be find by
Name + resolution width and height.

I have more the 73.000 pictures that will have the same name and size.

But it will not found when i select the option "filename + size"

Please start a separate thread for that, and make sure the files are exactly the same size. (Use the Size Bytes column instead of Size Auto.)

Going back to the original issue, would it be possible to send me your Opus config so I can try with the same settings?

To make a config backup:

• Settings > Backup & Restore.

• Please send it via private message in case it contains any private details. Alternatively, it can be emailed to crashdumps@gpsoft.com.au.

(To see what's inside the backup, you can rename the .ocb extension to .zip and double-click it. Feel free to remove the FTP directory, if you have FTP sites set up in Opus, as they won't be important to working out what's wrong.)

Days ago i have send the files.
Did you have get it?
In German Forum Nobmen tells that this problem have send and spoken years ago.
Nothing have done about this problem?

No files arrived in our inbox. (I've checked the spam folder as well.)

Could you re-send them, or try via private message here?

We fixed a similar issue recently (Visual Bug when scrolling Duplicate Files result) and we'll fix this one if we can reproduce it.

(If Nobmen did raise this issue in the past, I don't remember it. He raised a few issues where he just posted a vague screenshot and a couple of words, then got really angry nothing was done, while refusing to provide more detail. Maybe this was one of them. A quick look at the forum proves we do not ignore issues as long as they are properly reported.)

i have sent it again via email to "crashdumps@gpsoft.com.au"

Thanks, we finally found your file on the mail server. For some reason GMail saw it as suspicious and had refused to download it.

Many thanks for the config!

Do you see the problem happen if you click Find in the duplicates panel and then don't touch the mouse or keyboard at all until the results finish populating? (Check that the file/folder count on the status bar has stopped changing before touching anything else.)

In our testing so far, the most reliable way to trigger the problem is to be scrolling or clicking the mouse button on the file display before or during the results coming in. That doesn't always trigger it, but seems to make it much more likely.

I'm wondering if you are doing that or something similar? For example, do you only see the problem if you're looking through the partial results as they come in, by scrolling and clicking on things? Or are you seeing it without needing to do that? Does it always happen or only sometimes?

We've been testing a change along those lines, and found it makes the problem much harder to trigger, but have found it can still happen, so we aren't there yet. We're trying to work out if any other factors may be involved. If you can think of anything, please let us know. If not, we'll keep on looking.

Thanks for answer,
Acutually im must programming something in Java.
After them, in few days i can sort and find duplicates of my photo library again.
I will write all actions that can find the problem.

1 Like

We did some more testing today and seem to have found a reliable way to reproduce the problem now, which doesn't require any special mouse input.

For now, we should have enough information, so don't worry about working out any extra details. We hope to have a version for you to test next week.

Thanks again for the extra information. This helped us track down the issue.

We've made some changes for this in the new version 12.23.1 Beta. Please give it a try and let us know if it fixes the problem for you.

Hi @MikCha, just wondering if you had any feedback on whether the beta helped with this problem of yours?

Hi,
i installed the beta and have look of long lists of files.
At this time i dont have any problems with this list.
In the next few days i will work again with my photo library and is there any problems then i will write again in this post.

1 Like