Problems in uninstalling and restoring normal XP behaviour

Hello guys,

While uninstalling DOpus 8 I stumbled across several problems, firstly everytime I tried to uninstall it from the control panel my system froze. I used JV16powertools and manually manged to uninstall it. Rest of the system behaviour seems fine apart from everytime I try "windows-key+E" keyboard shortcut to open explorer I get a message DOpusRT: Directory Opus AppPath not found. I am using XP Pro SP2. Please help.

Sincere regards and thanks in advance.

Try the .reg file in this post:

[Using DO with admin rights)

Shout if you still have problems.

I believe the uninstaller should have done this but something obviously went wrong. :frowning:

Thanks Nudel,

I tried your recommendation but it's of no avail. Everytime I try "windows-key+E" keyboard shortcut to open explorer I am still getting the error message "DOpusRT: Directory Opus AppPath not found".

Any further suggestions ?

Have a look with regedit.exe at HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell. Is there a sub-key called dopus_backup? If so, rename the open key to something else and then rename dopus_backup to open and see if that fixes it.

No, there is no such sub key, but there is a sub key named ddeexec i.e. HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\open\ddeexec

which further contains subkeys named
1)application
2)ifexec
3)topic

Any suggestions ?

Can you export the contents of the 'open' key to a text file and then post it here?

Thanks Jon, the contents of open sub-key are attached herewith.
open.txt (1.52 KB)