Program Error after Upgrade to Windows 10 v2004 / DisplayFusion

ScreenClip

I can only terminate the thread, otherwise it continually restarts, errors and crashes.

Are you running a tool which adds those buttons to the titlebar of the error dialog or were they added after the screenshot was taken? If it's a tool, the first thing I'd try is disabling it.

Otherwise, try sending a crash log (Automatic crash logs (for bug reports)).

2 Likes

Yep. It's DisplayFusion Pro. It has never caused an issue before. In the interest of being complete, I will try it. When it doesn't work, I'll send the log. :wink:

Wow. First time for everything. I'll bark up the DisplayFusion tree. Trying to figure out who is responsible for this is frustrating. Is it MS, DisplayFusion or Dopus? Or a combination? I'd suggest that somebody isn't playing fair to allow you two to coexist. The way DF is modifying the window? MS changed something with security? I'd appreciate suggestions, but it isn't your responsibility to ensure complete compatibility with all of my 3rd party apps.

Thanks for the suggestion. In the meantime, I can disable for this app I believe.

My money is on DisplayFusion - its the one doing the non-standard thing.

+1 for DisplayFusion

I haven't used any current version, but I remember uninstalling the stuff because of weird behavior.