Programs open behind Directory Opus

I've verified that this does not happen with the same files in File Explorer. Every time (or almost every time) I double-click on a file, the file opens behind the Directory Opus window, sometimes at the very bottom of window stack. I then have to go searching for it. Pretty frustrating.

You might have set your Opus window to be on top:

That one is set to No for me.

Which programs is it happening with?

Do you have anything installed that changes the way the mouse or windows behave, or that adds things to window borders of other software, or multi-monitor tools, or similar? Any of the "Actual" tools? (They've been causing some weird issues lately.)

Acrobat, Word and Powerpoint are the three I've noticed.
Installed programs:

I've done a little more testing.

• It's not consistent. A file may or may not open in foreground with Opus, but it always opens in foreground with Explorer.
  • Sometimes a program (or a program's splashscreen) seems to initially be in foreground for a brief moment before going behind Opus.
  • This still happens with PowerToys closed (the only installed program I can think of that that could interfere with this sort of stuff).

Nothing in the list of programs stands out to me, at least.

Does the same thing happen if you push return on the files instead of double-clicking?

Yes, same thing happens.

I think I might've pinned this down. Seems to have something to do with the Acrobat-Opus combo. If I have just closed Acrobat (just Acrobat, even if I launched it from Start w/o opening any files), any (?) file I open next is opened behind Opus. This does not happen with Acrobat+Explorer.

Is it the same with Word and PowerPoint, where it only happens if they aren't already running in the background (or vice versa, or had only recently closed)?

No I don't think so. As far as my testing went, if closing Acrobat (specifically Acrobat) was the last thing I did, any file using any program is opened behind Opus.

Have you been able to repro?

We haven't been able to, no. We don't have any recent reports of similar issues either.

It seems odd that Acrobat seems to be involved, since what one program does shouldn't affect what the next does. I can't think of anything, at least that happens on the Opus side, which would cause something like that. We open files the same way regardless of which programs had been opened or closed in the past.