[Q]Zipping up all selected Files & Folders - then email it?

I am trying to make a button that will zip up all the selected files & folders and then email them.

I tried this the following, which won't work - it only zips up the files but not the folders.

Code:
Copy ADDTOZIP HERE ZIP=single
SENDMAIL

Is there a solution? If so, how would I achieve what I am trying to do?

Best regards!

There's a pre-made command to do this. It's called Zip And Email Files and can be found in the Customize dialog (under File Commands) as well as the default File menu (also under File Commands).

The Zip file that gets emailed will be named after the first selected file or folder but contains all of the selected items.

Hi,

I tried that already, but I get the same negative result.

Meaning: It zips the FILE but not the folders, the newly created ZIP only holds the files and not the folders I also selected when using the command ???

[quote="Dreamboxer"]Hi,

I tried that already, but I get the same negative result.

Meaning: It zips the FILE but not the folders, the newly created ZIP only holds the files and not the folders I also selected when using the command ???[/quote]

Strange. I just tested the command, and it actually works just as you want it to, folders and all. Perhaps there's some other settings conflicting..?

Definitely works here.

Do you have the Copy Filter turned on? (Check that it's off in the Settings menu.)

If you try to zip up the same folders and files, without emailing, does that work?

[quote="nudel"]Definitely works here.

Do you have the Copy Filter turned on? (Check that it's off in the Settings menu.)[/quote]

Nope no filter is set.

[quote]
If you try to zip up the same folders and files, without emailing, does that work?[/quote]

Yep - that works - just the Zip & eMail does not work for me - this is REALLY strange :cry:

Is the Zip correct if you open the attachment before sending it? Maybe something (virus scanner?) is modifying it in transit or it's due to the receiving mail client?

Nope its not correct. The POPUP that comes up when you push the button says

Zipping and eMailing 1 File

Eventhough 1 Folder and 1 File is selected.

As I said before, when I do just the zipping it says

Adding 1 Files and 1 Folder

I have no idea why this is happening.

Ha! I found the solution!

I inserted the command via the pre-made buttons - the command was:

Copy SENDMAIL ADDTOZIP

I edited it myself to

Copy SENDMAIL ZIP

and now it works! It now includes the Folders and the files :laughing:

You're right... Looks like the command in the Customize dialog is wrong. The one that's in the default File->File COmmands menu is right and that's what I was using.

Good find. I've filed a bug report.