Question about Calculating Folder Sizes

Hello,

my englisch is very poor soory

I'm testing DOpus 12 and am very impressed.
Good Job. Thank You.

But one Question about Folder Size Calculation

Right Side
C:\Temp
Now i Duplicate a Folder with Strg+C, Strg+V in C:\Temp but the Folder Size
of the Duplicates are not refreshed automaticly. There is shown no size in the Column Size. By pressing
Strg+L the Size was calculated

Left Side
C:
The Size of the Folder C:\Temp was not calculated automatic after pressing Strg+L
the Size are refreshed. The Date/Time Column was immediately refreshed

How i can acitvated "realy" automatic Calulating Folder Sizes.

Many Thanks

Greetings Lezgus

Have a look in -> Preferences -> Folders -> Folder Behaviour -> "Calculate folder sizes automatically for [all local and network drives]. That should do the job. If you prefer to set it manually for every folder, you can use -> Tools -> Folder options -> Options [Tab] -> Options, where you can choose from three types of folder size calculation.

Thank you for your answer

But this Option
Have a look in -> Preferences -> Folders -> Folder Behaviour -> "Calculate folder sizes automatically for [all local and network drives]
has already been set

Greetings Lezgus

Automatic folder size calculation is triggered by changing or refreshing the current folder. Push F5 and it should calculate the size of the new sub-folder.

You can also trigger folder size calculation via the Edit menu (or Ctrl+L shortcut) without refreshing, if that's more suitable.

Thany you for your answer

You can also trigger folder size calculation via the Edit menu (or Ctrl+L shortcut) without refreshing, if that's more suitable.

Is there hope to implement this feature to calc foldersize in real time automatically without press ctrl+l?

The Column Date is already refreshed automatically.

Sorry for this comparison to another filemanager but "http://www.speedproject.com/" can refreshed the
column size in near real time

Many Thanks

Greetings Lezgus

So far, we haven't felt that the performance impact of constant monitoring and re-scanning of folder size changes would be worth the benefit of not having to push F5 in situations where the size needs updating. (Consider an example where you are in C:\ and every action that hits the disk, even the temp folder, is causing size re-calculations.) The OS is not really designed for it.

But we are always reevaluating ideas.

Hello,

i found a script that will do a "GO refresh=all" all by changing filesystem events.

Is there a way to do that with GetSizes=ALL NODESELECT?

By Using "GO refresh=all" the display flickers.

Many thanks

Grettings Lezgus

I don't think that is what the AutoHotkey script in that thread does. It isn't triggered by filesystem events; it runs a command each time a lister is activated (e.g. when you click on it).

It could be done using OnActivateLister these days, without needing AutoHotkey.

That said, if you want to change the command it runs, just change the command it runs; it's there in the script. Or is there a further problem when doing so?

Hello Leo,

Thank you for your answer.

I don't think that is what the AutoHotkey script in that thread does. It isn't triggered by filesystem events; it runs a command each >time a lister is activated (e.g. when you click on it).

No the Script must be more to do than allwas waiting a lister is activated.

You can test the Script.

Part 1)
Run the Script

Left
C:\Temp\a
Right
C:\Temp

Now please copy (Strg+1) from C:\Temp (Right) any files to C:\Temp\a (Left) the folder Size of C:\Temp\a on the Right will be updated. Also you delete a file in the Folder C:\Temp\a the folder size will be updated. Only Strg+C, Strg+V doesent work for me.

Part 2)
Stop the Script not only be paused please

Please repeat Part 1

The folder size will not be updated

Is it possible to expand GetSizes with the Parameters.
Left, Right, Dest, Source, .. analogous the Go Refresh Command.

Sorry for my bad englisch i hope you will understand me.

Many Thanks

Grettings Lezgus

[quote="leo"]So far, we haven't felt that the performance impact of constant monitoring and re-scanning of folder size changes would be worth the benefit of not having to push F5 in situations where the size needs updating. (Consider an example where you are in C:\ and every action that hits the disk, even the temp folder, is causing size re-calculations.) The OS is not really designed for it.

But we are always reevaluating ideas.[/quote]

Not exactly the same topic, but technically very close, so I'll add this here. I also read similar wishes from other users, so I'm not the only one interested in that:

I'm using custom formatting for files that are changed recently and this helps enourmously in finding recent files. For example, files that are changed within the last 15 minutes are marked with an icon and with a bold filename. However, if the lister stays open for some time, they are still marked, although they are no longer changed within the last 15 minutes. After pressing F5 everything is updated properly. I saw related questions several times in the forum, so I thought it might be worth to mention here, in case you think about an improved mechanism of "auto update". (And maybe the request from Lezgus could be realized with the same mechanism)