Questions about closing/opening windows w/ shortcuts

How do I open a folder in the background next to the current folder's tab? (sofar ctrl+click opens it in the background in the other view in a dual lister.)
Whats the shortcut key to close a folder?

Hi jakfoood and welcome here

Alt+clic exist...

here the current shortcut

Shift + double-click => Go new => Open folder in a new Lister
Ctrl + double-click => Go openindual => Open folder in dual file mode
Alt + double-click => Go newtab => Open folder in a new tab

if you want to stay focus, you need to change command of All folder in filetype.
In Filetype, double clic on "all folders", go to "events tab", douclic clic on "doubleclic + alt", and replace the current command by "Go NEWTAB=findexisting,nofocus"

:wink:

There is no hotkey to 'close' a tab though... you would need to create a hotkey to run Go TABCLOSE which would close the current folder tab. You can also dbl-click a folder tab in order to close it...

I had the hotkey "CTRL+W" which does the "go tabclose". I did not create it by myself, it came with the default installation.

Thanks AlbatorIV and steje for the info. It seems any shortcut wasn't working with the Alt key for me becuse I was using an app called taekwindow that takes over any alt key and mouse operation (mainly moving/resizing windows).

And like xbprm, I'll be setting the close tab key to ctrl+w :smiley:

Im looking for a way to open folders in a new tab by clicking on them with the middle mouse button (the scroller) Im used to FireFox and i like that feature.
I figured out how to open them by double-clicking with the middle mouse. but i too lazy for that and only want to single click. Is it possible?

How i fixed it to use middle double-click.
In Filetype, double click on "all folders", go to "events tab", double click on "middle double-click ", and replace the current command by "Go NEWTAB"

Thanks.

It's not possible, at least at the moment.

Single-clicks on files/folders can only be used for selection/deselection and context menus. Launching/entering things can only be done via double-clicks (ignoring hotkeys, toolbar buttons, etc.).

(There is a Single-Click, Point To Select mode where the above isn't true, but it also changes the way the left button works and I doubt would be what you want.)

Please, help.

1. Is it possible to open two predefined folders (each one in a different pane, of course) on dual pane listers through the Folder Alias function?

2. Can Opus perform folders and files copy/move operations using a configurable dialog with history, predefined filters etc.?

Thanks in advance.

Folder Aliases just let you give an alternative name for a folder. (One name for one folder.) They're useful for when a common folder name is long or difficult to type as well as for when the folder used for a particular purpose (e.g. My Documents) varies for different people or different machines.

From the other thread where you ask about opening Tab Groups using folder aliases I suspect you want some way to type something into the lister and perform an arbitrary command. Folder aliases are not the thing to use for that. Have a look, instead, at User Commands. You can create your own commands, named whatever you want, which do whatever you want and then run them by typing > and then the name of your command into the lister. (Assuming the Find As You Type field is enabled, which I think it is by default.)

(If you have any questions about user commands then please start a new thread for them.)

Please ask unrelated questions in new threads. It makes things easier to follow and search for.

Not sure what exactly you want to do here. What aspect of the dialog needs the be configurable? A history of what? What kind of filters, filtering what? (The copied files? The choice of source/destination?)

Best thing to do is to re-post your second question as a new thread with more details and we can try and work out if you can do what you want there.

Thanks, Nudel, for your attention.

OK. I am a bit familiar with User Commands, so I guess I'll be able to use it for achieving this. I'll try it and then, if unsuccessful, I'll come back here with new inquiries for a guided solution (by posting a specific topic, as directed).

As to the Move/Copy dialog issue, it was posted here because, although one can move/copy files and folders through hotkeys, I couldn't find or identify the command which invokes a specific dialog (with its copy/move operation history etc.) in Dopus, such as the rather handy one that SpeedCommander (http://speedproject.de/enu/download.html). So, again, as you might by now have understood perfectly what I meant, doesn't Dopus have such a feature, that is, this special dialog, found in most modern file managers?

My best regards.

I'm still not sure what you mean by a copy dialog.

Opus keeps a global history list, as well as lists of recent folders, which may be useful here, but I'm not sure exactly what you want.

I had the hotkey "CTRL+W" which does the "go tabclose". I did not create it by myself, it came with the default installation.[/quote]

In my case CTRL+W opens the Find As You Type field (and also causes a beep as if an error had occurred), but Settings -> Customize -> Keys doesn't seem to contain any definition for CTRL+W. I suppose I could have deleted a definition of CTRL+W from the default configuration though I don't think so.

Could this behavior be a result of upgrading from Opus 8? I don't remember if Opus 8 had tabs.

Actually, it seems that any undefined CTRL+letter opens the Find As You Type.

Ctrl-F4 seems to be the default hotkey to close tabs, not Ctrl-W. At least that's what I see with a fresh 9.1.0.2 install.

I expect that if you upgrade your existing configuration then Opus will leave your standalone hotkeys as they are.

[quote="nudel"]Ctrl-F4 seems to be the default hotkey to close tabs, not Ctrl-W. At least that's what I see with a fresh 9.1.0.2 install.

I expect that if you upgrade your existing configuration then Opus will leave your standalone hotkeys as they are.[/quote]

I suspect both of those things also, but I wonder why CTRL+W opens the Find As You Type field.

The field opens for pretty much any keypress that isn't bound to some other action.

Maybe it shouldn't if the keypress won't generate a character in the field but I don't see it as a big deal.

[quote="nudel"]
Maybe it shouldn't if the keypress won't generate a character in the field but I don't see it as a big deal.[/quote]

I agree to both.