Questions about the Opus internal viewer

Since yesterday I have been using the internal Opus viewer as the default viewer, and two questions have arisen.

1. When I click the mirror horizontally and vertically buttons, they remain highlighted, which does not happen with the rotate left and right buttons. Having these four buttons, similar actions, shouldn't they have the same behavior or treatment? Either all featured or none featured.

2. When I click on these buttons, theoretically the image changes. So why is the Save button not enabled? Thank you so much.

Those buttons don't look like they're part of Opus - are they custom buttons you've configured on the viewer toolbar? Or are they coming from a plugin?

They are custom buttons, the only thing I changed were their icons, their respective commands are:

Show VIEWERCMD=rotate,-90
Show VIEWERCMD=rotate,+90
Show VIEWERCMD=flip,horiz
Show VIEWERCMD=flip,vert
Show VIEWERCMD=save

Your rotate buttons add/subtract 90 degrees from whatever the current rotation is, so they will never appear highlighted in an "on" state.

Have a look in the viewer's menus for rotation commands that rotate the image to a specific orientation. Those will highlight when the image is in that orientation.

Re saving after flip/rotation, see here:

And here:

Thank you very much @Leo for your help, now I understand well how the viewer works, Opus surprises me more every day, it is heavy machinery. :smile:

In summary:

Effect only at the viewer level (cosmetic effect)

• Rotate to the left: Show VIEWERCMD=rotate,-90
  • Rotate to the right: Show VIEWERCMD=rotate,90
  • Flip horizontally: Show VIEWERCMD=flip,horiz
  • Flip vertically: Show VIEWERCMD=flip,vert

Effect at file and viewer level (auto save)

• Rotate to the left
    Image ROTATE=-90 HERE REPLACE QUALITY=100
    Show VIEWERCMD=refresh

• Rotate to the right
    Image ROTATE=90 HERE REPLACE QUALITY=100
    Show VIEWERCMD=refresh

• Flip horizontally
    Image FLIP=h HERE REPLACE QUALITY=100
    Show VIEWERCMD=refresh

• Flip vertically
    Image FLIP=v HERE REPLACE QUALITY=100
    Show VIEWERCMD=refresh