Questions before buying license

Hi,

Downloaded the Directory Opus 12 and has been using it for a week now as a trial. Before I decide to buy a license I have a some questions I hope you can answer.

I have installed the software on my desktop and on my Laptop. On my Laptop I have an second monitor connected. It is impossible to get the software to start again on the second monitor. I always have to drag it over. I don't have this problem with other software I am using on this Laptop. Laptop is using Win 10.

Every time I start Opus 12 I can see this service is also started. What is it for and why is started and running in the background? Is it possible to disable it? If I close it down Opus 12 works fine. It is also added to run every time i start my Laptop/Desktop.

"Directory Opus Helper Application" (dopusrt.exe)

Kind regards,

Richard

You probably have Preferences / Launching Opus / Default Lister: Default Lister Positioning set to Always in the same position. Either of the other two options should open on the monitor where the mouse pointer is.

It handles desktop double-click. If you disable that feature, it will exit. But it uses a tiny amount of resources so there is no real reason to care about it.

Leo,

Thank you very much for the quick reply and explanations!

Richard