Quick Option button for FAYT scripts

Like the Options button in the Filter Bar, could you contemplate adding an Options button for FAYT scripts that use the flags property for a quick change in some option? At the moment you have to go all the way into the Prefs PAGE="quickkeys" settings to change anything.

3 Likes

As you can see in this FAYT command that I made, the fact of having easy access to modify those flags is quite useful. For that, I've added a dialog that emulates the flags configuration menu in Preferences, and that can be invoked by entering in the FAYT field the character chosen by the user. The drawback, is that when this option is used, the value gets "separated" from the flags value set in Preferences (the script starts reading and saving its own flags in a variable) and there is no way to synchronize those values (I have tried writing directly in prefs.osd but as those values are kept in memory at the end they are rewritten). Thinking more about this, while not adding what I proposed in the title of the post, I suggest to take into consideration some of the following ideas.

1. Make ScriptFAYTCommandData.flags a read/write property (it can receive and return the value).
  2. Allow the script to be able to set and save the value (in a variable or file). DOpus would then have to read and save the value from the same source.

In the next beta you'll be able to use the new Script.UpdateFAYTFlags() method to do this.

1 Like

Working as expected in latest beta. Thanks!

2 Likes