Quick Reset Tabs

Hi! just a couple of quick button questions regarding tabs. Really useful.

I would like to add two buttons to help manage tabs:

1. Close all open tabs
  2. Reset all tabs to a preset group

A problem I have with tabs is that I have a Lister layout saved to open as default with a selection of tabs. These tabs are preconfigured to various directories I visit often.

However, if I switch lister layouts, then come back to my tab-saved layout, the number of tabs has duplicated and doubled.

Is there any way around this bug? :slight_smile:

Thanks for any help

ET

[quote]I would like to add two buttons to help manage tabs:

1. Close all open tabs
  2. Reset all tabs to a preset group[/quote]

Hi ET,

The second question is easier than the first.
You can make a Menu Button or a Menu.
The first button on the menu is then:

Go TABGROUPLIST

Select the TabGroup you wish to load and question 2 is answered.

This might also be the best answer to question 1 as well, however you might want to use :

Go TABCLOSEALL

This closes all Tabs EXCEPT the Current Tab .

Also download Aeon's AEicon 24 Tab Images.
Along with the excellent icons, it includes an 'example menu demonstrating the usage of the Folder Tabs'.
It's well worth having as are all of Aeon's icons .

Regards,
:opusicon: porcupine

[quote]A problem I have with tabs is that I have a Lister layout saved to open as default with a selection of tabs. These tabs are preconfigured to various directories I visit often.

However, if I switch lister layouts, then come back to my tab-saved layout, the number of tabs has duplicated and doubled.

Is there any way around this bug?[/quote]How exactly are you switching layouts that you wind up getting extra tabs open in one lister? Do you really mean "layouts" or just tab groups? I'm not sure I'm clear I understand how you're doing things that you're seeing this behavior... but it sounds like Porc is steering you the way you want to go.

Sorry for the late reply man, but you really sorted me out with your post! :smiley:

best regards
ET