Re-installing DOpus

My license is ■■■■. While troubleshooting a Microsoft problem, the support representative asked me to uninstall DOpus, which I did. However, when I re-installed it, all of my customizations were gone. I have harddrive backups but nothing specific to DOpus. Where can I find the data that I had customized?

Regards,
Jim Manchester

Hi Jim,

Unfortunately, uninstalling Opus will delete the configuration as well as the program. (Something we'll be making optional when we replace the current installer/uninstaller in the future.)

If you have a recent backup of your PC then you'll be able to get the config back from here:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\GPSoftware\Directory Opus

If you have a backup, copying that folder out of the backup, with Opus fully exited (via File / Exit Directory Opus) and then re-launching Opus will be enough to restore the config.

Alternatively, if any config backups had been manually created via Settings > Backup & Restore, then those can be restored via the same menu.

But if there isn't a PC backup (or at least C:\ drive or user profile backup) nor a manually-created one then the settings may be lost, I'm afraid.

That did it. I'll be sure to use the builtin Backup & Restore function from now on. Thanks for your support.

1 Like