Read-only files get deleted to recycle bin without prompt

Having no prompt in case I delete a bunch of files is welcome if they go into the recycle bin, I think.
But for read-only files, the current configuration does not seem to give an option to still be prompted before the delete happens.

I feel unsafe that way! o) Seriously, this is inacceptable, what do you think? Or is there something I can tweak?

This is my current config, it happens for a regular "Delete" command without any FORCE, SHIFT etc. to change its behaviour.

I guess the theory is when you delete to the Recycle Bin the files aren't actually deleted, and so there's not really any need for additional warnings if you've turned off the over-all delete warning.

Yes, but how fast is a click anywhere to empty it and swoosh, there goes your billion dollar photo or life time collection of things - totally unnoticed. I have data backup'ed of course, but in a scenario where you delete something important unnoticedly and then have a sync to your backup/NAS/whatever, you're totally lost. This is my personal horror, as you have no chance to notice what you did wrong and when that was.

So I vote for an option to always alert the user if read-only files get purged or bin'ed, totally ignoring confirmation settings for regular files. The read-only flag is useless if you keep the config like shown. That can't be desired, huh? o)

You should probably not turn off delete confirmations if you're prone to deleting important files without noticing. (I know, from turning off the confirmations myself. I kept deleting things I didn't mean to delete. It's a bad idea, IMO.)

For files worth a billion dollars, permissioning them so you can't delete them (without going out of your way and changing their permissions back to normal) makes a lot more sense than just using the read-only flag which a lot of things (like the Windows recycle bin) ignore.

FWIW, in the file system the read-only flag doesn't actually prevent a delete to recycle bin, since the file is moved rather than deleted. And in Win8 Explorer ignores the flag as well and will delete without any warnings using the default settings.

As Leo says, permissions are the way to properly prevent this.

@leo
Well, I'm not necessarily prone to delete things unnoticedly, but as you say, it can happen, we are humans after all or just too tired sometimes. o)
Yes, I did revert to always prompt for "this and everything".

That permission thing is a splendid idea, somehow I always just think of that for technical user accounts, I'll change permissions for myself now!

Thank you both! o))

I eventually want to add the commands I use to toggle the "real" deletion protection based on file permissions: