Refresh not working for USB drive

Anyone know how to make Opus automatically refresh when one, for example drags a file from one lister to another.

I have already checked the "Automatically sort new and modified files"

I uninstalled Opus and reinstalled it. It still doesn't work.

I I've tried most of the solutions posted here.

I don't have this problem if I change contents of the USB drive within windows explorer.

//I change some of the content to this post as I've now calmed down from my morning of frustration.

[quote="Ben J"]Anyone know how to make Opus automatically refresh when one, for example drags a file from one lister to another.

This basic function should work right out of the box.[/quote]

It does work right out of the box ... for MANY users.

Being stupid isn't going to help, nor will it encourage people to help you. Of course they haven't written software which doesn't refresh. Clearly something is causing the problems for you.

I find it VERY hard to believe you've actually bought Opus without using the 60 day trial period. If it's as useless as you suggest then you are clearly insane if you paid for it without solving these issues.

As for your problems - even a cursory glance at the faqs would have shown this: [url=Changes to folders are not being detected]

I did do the 60 day trial period. It worked flawlessly for almost 5 months now. Then it starts malfunctioning. Given, I'm not a programmer, however I've been able to make quite a lot of changes in this software. My daily tasks were much more efficient, until this problem started.

I ran the debug mode:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\GPSoftware\Directory Opus
(String) NotifyDbg = ""

I kept getting error 995 when manipulating files on USB hard drive. No errors when manipulating the C:\ drive. The C:\ drive refreshed without any problem. I looked at the properties of the USB drive with a right click through windows explorer, started to changed it to not share on a network, closed it and now Opus is refreshing with changes on the USB drive. I don't know what's going on.

I would send the Dbg messages, however I lost them when I closed Opus, and since it's not giving me errors anymore, I can't reproduce it.

I gather then, contrary to the ranting in your initial post, the problem only showed on one particular drive (USB) - everything else worked fine.

I presume you didn't try searching the forums either. :frowning:

A quick search for refresh reveals [url=https://resource.dopus.com/t/automatically-refresh-folder-content/1305/1]

I did search the post for refresh, automatic refresh, etc... and tried everything without luck. Who knows what was causing the problem. Perhaps it's due to other settings in Windows XP. I can't reproduce it anymore. I can start Opus then plug the hard drive and it still refreshes.

Anyhow, thanks for your responses and sorry about the ranting.