Reinstalling ver. 10

Hi,

I've been running ver. 10.5.7.0 64bit on my Windows 8.1 system. I'm getting a new laptop that I also plan to run Win 8.1 on it.

I have old installation files for 10.5.4.0 64bit. Will I be able to use that to install and upgrade to 10.5.7.0 on the new laptop?

Will my current ver 10 registration support having it installed on both laptops?

Thanks!

It would be quicker/easier to install 10.5.7.0 directly on the new machine. I'll send you a private message with a link to it.

If they're both for personal use then it should be OK. Please see Common purchasing, upgrading and licensing questions for more detail.

Thanks so much for the reply. I just found out that my new laptop doesn't support Win 8.1. I'll have to make the best of Win 11 Pro. Will ver 10.5.7.0 run correctly on Win 11 Pro?

Thanks!

Opus 10 predates Windows 11 by around 10 years. I wouldn't recommend using them together.

Yes, probably not likely to work. I'll give it a try though. I'll let you know how it goes...

It's very early but ver 10 appears to work. One thing that I could use some help with is that the main toolbar with the back/forward/Up One Level, etc. is very small. I can't seem to find the the Preference section to fix this. Any advice?

Try going to Settings / Customize / Toolbars, select the toolbar from the list and change the Image Size to large. But depending on what "very small" means, it may be a DPI issue. I don't think Opus 10 was DPI aware so it should be scaled by the OS automatically if you have a high DPI selected.

Also, your account is linked to an Opus 11 registration - you'd be better off using Opus 11 than Opus 10, as it is several years more recent.

Although ver 10 basically works on Windows 11, there are too many drawbacks. I've decided to upgrade to DOpus 12 Pro. I would like to continue to running DOpus 10 on my Windows 8.1 laptop. If I upgrade, will I be able to do that?

Thanks!

That’s an option but there’s also no reason not to run the latest version on both machines.