Relative Age and Relative Size Graphs

I've just upgrade to Opus 10 and Windows 7 from Opus 9 on Windows XP.

I've found the Relative Age and Relative Size Graphs just don't look right in Opus 10, they are no longer a smooth fade from left to right but a strange two bar thing, is this a bug?

If it's not a bug then can we have the option to show them the old also as I think the new style doesn't look that good.

The same for the Green File Display Border, it seams they are fading from top to bottom, not Left to Right.

Windows XP Opus 9

Windows 7 Opus 10

Opus 10 Prefs

Neither change is a bug.

You might need to adjust your old colours a bit to suit the new style of things. With the graphs, using two colours that are closer together should make them look better.

If you don't like the file display border style you can turn off Preferences / Miscellaneous / Advanced: gloss_and_gradients to make them flat. (There's no option for the old, Win95-style left-to-right gradient, though.)

Thanks, the Advanced options have made the File Display Border much easier to read the text without the horizontal line.

Shame the Win95 style has gone as it added a little smoothness to the window, can to option be added to show the older left to right style?

As for the Relative Graphs, I've tried lot of different colours and they still don't look any good, the default colours look okay but are way too colourful for everyday use and way too distracting.

I know you are trying to make it look like the default Windows 7 drive bars but to be honest one reason I run Opus is to get away from the Windows Explorer and all the stuff they (Microsoft) force on their users.

Would it be easy to add this option back again as to have the choice would be great, Thanks.