Release Date Metadata Disappearing

I've updated two .WMA files with new metadata including the "release date". When I came back later to add another piece of info I noticed that the "release date" had not been saved or had been dropped. On an .MP3 file the release date was decremented by 1 day after I clicked on the apply button but it seemed to remain.

Confirmed, setting Release Date on WMA files is currently broken. We're looking into a fix.

Can you reproduce the MP3 file issue on other files, with the same or different dates? Does it happen as soon as you push Apply, or only if you come back to the file after some time has passed? I just set the release date on an MP3 to yesterday's date and it seemed to stay as I set it, FWIW. Maybe there is a timezone/daylight savings offset being applied to the (displayed) date somewhere by accident which makes it jump back to 23:00 the previous day in some situation? If you can work out a way to reproduce it I'll see if the same happens here, but so far it seems to work okay for me.

Yes I can reproduce it on other .MP3 files. As soon as I click apply the Release Date changes to the prior day. I can't imagine why it would have anything to do with DST because there's no "time" associated with the field.

FYI: The "release date" field does not exist for .m4p and .m4a files.

Dates are often represented as midnight on that day, so if there is some DST offset being applied when the date is displayed (or even when it's saved) then that might account for the difference.

What's your current timezone/offset from GMT?

[quote="leo"]Dates are often represented as midnight on that day, so if there is some DST offset being applied when the date is displayed (or even when it's saved) then that might account for the difference.

What's your current timezone/offset from GMT?[/quote]
I'm EDT I think we're -4 during DST and -5 normally.

The release date timezone issue should be fixed in the next update.

Just to confirm this does work correctly as of my current v12.19.