Reminder/Timer

I want to create a reminder-/timer-command for DO (the idea came when I was cooking chicken legs in baken oven... I had to turn them after 20 min. :slight_smile:).

It should have following options:

1. Popup at specific time
  2. Play a sound (optional)
  3. Show text (optional)

If somebody have an idea or already have such a command please tell me.

If such a command is possible I'll publish it in button-section.

Okay, using Vista taskplaner seems to be the best without using/installing external tools.

I have exported a preconfigured task (xml) which popups a message. How can I include it in DO? Also it should get following vars from DO:

1. Time to execute
  2. Time to end (=kills task in taskplaner)
  3. Textmessage

[quote="Sasa"]I want to create a reminder-/timer-command for DO (the idea came when I was cooking chicken legs in baken oven... I had to turn them after 20 min. :slight_smile:).
[/quote]

For that task there´s a module included in the autohotkey script based programm 'ac'tivaid' called 'Quicknote', what is basically post it notes with the possibility to set a timer.

heise.de/ct/Windows-weiterge ... kte/133818

Okay, I worked hard last hours for reminder using schtask. It's finished for 80%, before working on final script maybe someone could help me solving following problem (I have a solution for it, but this requires an separate freeware tool).

1. How to write text into a file inclung text used in vars? Example:

@Set var = B

So "A {$Var} B" should be written in a textfile "A B C".

1. How to set ASCII codes to a var? Can it be done like this?

@Set var = "blablablabla blabla blablablabla blabla"

Thanks for any help in advance.

Thanks, but this requieres Autohotkey to be installed.

I work on a solution that uses only windows-system-utils, so it's possible to use the command with DO-USB (but MAYBE works only on Vista-based machines, I use "schtask", which is an enhancement of "at" that comes with XP. I will do tests with "at" when it's finished for "schtask").

Mistake:

So "A {$Var} B" should be written in a textfile "A B C".

should be

So "A {$Var} C" should be written in a textfile "A B C".

You should be able to use this in an MS-DOS type button:

echo>textfile.txt A {$var} C

Might be easier to write a VBScript that you can call from Opus and pass the length of time and message. Then the script can wait for the time to elapse and display a message box. That wouldn't require anything extra to be installed on the computer and should save you outputting temp files and other messy stuff.

I'm not good in coding :blush:

I know I can accomplish almost all of this using the free version of a command processor named 4NT.
4NT is a command processor that can be very similar to MS Dos.
4NT is available here.

[ul]

1. Popup at specific time
    Delay command and Msgbox command.
    The Timer command can be used to display the actual system time.
    Other internal variable functions can return the system time and the timer time.
  2. Play a sound (optional)
    Play sound command
  3. Show text (optional)
    Msgbox command, but importing user text from Dopus is probably difficult at best.
    But perhaps not ... :slight_smile:
    [/ul]

I need to think more about this.
If three days from now,
there is not a better solution posted,
I'll post my solution. :slight_smile:

@Scred: I have finished first button showing up a message at specific time and date and with individual text. A button executing a program is in progress. Both using system-internal task sheduler, so it will run on most sys incl. DO-USB without need to install separate tools.

Unfortunately I need one small DOS tool, because DO doesn't copy the xml-data correctly to a file (I have to remove quotes in the file that has been generated by DO). Maybe this could be fixed by other members here :wink:

Leo, would this VBScript be interpreted by DOpus or does it need another interpreter? I've only found references to VBScript concerning the Rename window. If this is possible, it might help this unsolved question without using AutoHotKey.
[url]Synchronize files in a list]

You can do either. I often "trick" the Rename stuff in Opus into running scripts that don't actually do any renaming, just to avoid having an extrernal .VBS file and keep everything as part of my Opus config. It's all about the same, though.

You can make a script run Opus commands using dopusrt.exe, too.

When you say "need another interpreter", you know the VBScript interpreter is built into Windows? There's nothing extra to install to run a .vbs script.