Remove extensions from filename and other letters

[quote="leo"][quote="LITWINCZUK"]I find solution!

{d}{o|noext}"_E61"{o|ext}[/quote]it is only {O|ext} which inserts the space. Strange but true!"[/quote]

And I have had many disaster of this extra space :angry:

Regards

And i have another question....

How to do....?

If i remember correctly, in Opus v6 or other version, program when i clicked on button, created a script on hardisk with command to execute (maybe only in ms-dos mode?) How to show command generated with this button?
Send command with >c:\Filename.txt ot something else?

[quote="LITWINCZUK"]{o|noext}"_E61"{o|ext}
result: WORKING

Tested with files located on patch:
F:\TEMP\uTorrent\Pobrane\seriale\The Outer Limits
filename:
The Outer Limits - 2x12 - Inconstant Moon.avi

will be created file named: (i show file patch+file) (filename will be created as "The Outer Limits - 2x12 - Inconstant Moon.avi")
"F:\TEMP\uTorrent\Pobrane\seriale\The Outer Limits\The Outer Limits - 2x12 - Inconstant Moon_E61.avi"
[/quote]
I made a small mistake..

I mentioned this to Jon @ GPSoft and after his explanation I think we've all been doing something silly. :slight_smile:

The command shouldn't be using {O} or {O|ext} at all.

{O} (upper-case O) is the same as {allfile$}, aka "Need all filenames (long)". It inserts the names of all files into a single line.

So if you had moo.mpg and cow.avi then {O|ext} would result in " .mpg .avi". That extra space at the start probably isn't wanted, but then the whole thing is inappropriate really.

You only want one name and one extension per line with this command, so {o|ext} (lower-case o) is the one to use, and that doesn't insert the space.

This is one of the reasons that I much prefer using the long versions of the command codes. It's immediately obvious what {allfile$} does, while {O} is cryptic and requires you to remember its meaning.

[quote="LITWINCZUK"]And i have another question....

If i remember correctly, in Opus v6 or other version, program when i clicked on button, created a script on hardisk with command to execute (maybe only in ms-dos mode?) How to show command generated with this button?
Send command with >c:\Filename.txt ot something else?[/quote]

Questions like that are best asked in a separate thread, but I can answer it quickly and hopefully save this thread from splitting in half. :slight_smile:

If you just want to see what the command is generating then there are two easy ways to do that.

One is to use the DopTest tool, which prints out its arguments.

Another is to switch the button to the MS-DOS type, add "echo " before each line, and add a "Pause" line (both without the quotes) to the end.

Thanks, Leo.

Tell me, why editing is disabled?

"You cannot edit your posts in this forum"

[quote="LITWINCZUK"]Tell me, why editing is disabled?

"You cannot edit your posts in this forum"[/quote]

That's answered in this FAQ: [Why can't I edit my posts?)