Rename Extensions

Renames the extensions of all files that are selected in a lister, to whatever you type into a popup box when you push the button.

This will also automatically rename any files with name clashes (when two files have the same name, but different extensions, and have their extensions changed to a common one).

Note, do not enter the . before the extension.

Also note, the very last line in the button is a long one, it may very well be wrapped when you see it.

[DOpus.ButtonInfo] Name=Rename File Extensions Icon=16,9999999 Flags=102,0,0 Color=0,a0a0a0 Tooltip=Changes the extensions of selected files to one extension, and autorenames any duplicates Func1=Rename REGEXP PATTERN "(^.*)\.(.*)" TO "\1.{dlgstring|Enter new filename extension without . (period)}" AUTORENAME

Author: John Zeman

And other solution from me:

[quote]<?xml version="1.0"?>

{92FC9E99-4918-4A73-A0D7-0B95D5D7FE99}
RENAME
ADVANCED RENAME

Rename FINDREP=ON PATTERN="{dlgstring}" TO="{dlgstring}"

[/quote]

Now, select files what you need to rename

Enter part of the file what you need to change (must exist)

Enter part what been inserted instead of this nominated upper

And... done :slight_smile: - Personally i use this to change filenames on comics book...

the first one didnt work for me....can someone post an XML version

The first one is older button code for Opus 8, but the basic command within it is still valid. Below is the same thing in xml for Opus 9.

[quote="capri435"]<?xml version="1.0"?>

Rename File Extensions
Changes the extensions of selected files to one extension, and auto renames any duplicates

@nodeselect
Rename REGEXP PATTERN "(^.).(.)" TO "\1.{dlgstring|Enter new filename extension without . (period)}" AUTORENAME

[/quote]

Opus 8 buttons paste into Opus 9 fine (at least on my PC) and the example in the first post seems to work okay as-is. Perhaps there's an issue with pasting Opus 8 buttons into non-English Opus or something? Can't think of anything else that might make a difference.

thanks that works