Rename question

Is there a way to use regular expressions to automatically enter today's date on photos.

Example

• I have 100 photos, and I want to rename them to todays date in the format (yyyy-mm-dd_###.cr2)

Right now I have a rename preset saved with the date 2007-04-20_.\2 and i simply go and change the appropriate field to whatever today's date is.

Can I set it so that I do not have to do that. Where it simple put's in whatever the current date is, in the above mentioned format?

Thanks!

Looks like you might be able to do this in version 9 :

nudel.dopus.com/opus9/page5.html#rename

Hello Fathertime,
It's very good to read from you again tonight.

rename * {date|yyyy-mm-dd}_*

Regards,
Zippo

Actually,

rename * {date|yyyy-MM-dd}_*.
You did mean the month didn't you ?

Zippo

the way i want it to show up is 2007-12-31_001.cr2 for example. However I would like a preset in the advanced rename..... I do not need another button to clutter things up. Ill try with DO9

That should be easy enough. Shout if you have problems.

FWIW, You can do everything described in Opus 8 as well, except for choosing the format of the shootingtime field which is a new feature in Opus 9.

How do u do it in DO8? As my photos are in CR2 (raw format) reading the shooting time from the info fields does not work. And if I select from General/date accessed, it simply shows Thursday. I know I can change that, but I like it showing Thursday in the lister mode, but not when i rename.

Sorry, I didn't realise they were CR2 files. Opus doesn't currently support reading the EXIF tags from CR2 files so {shootingtime} won't work for them.

The general {date} and {time} for the current date/time will work with all files, of course. In Opus 8 they only work inside of buttons and not in the rename dialog. In Opus 9 they work in both places, so long as you tick "enable file information fields" in the dialog.

kewl...

that worked.... do u know if DO9 supports reading the EXIF data from CR2 files? I know there was talk about it in the past.

No it doesn't. I generally use IMatch (or Downloader Pro to rename my CR2 images as they're being downloaded from the card) to do this.

RAW file support can open a huge can of worms which is why I use programs specially designed for such purposes.

[quote="JohnZeman"]No it doesn't. I generally use IMatch (or Downloader Pro to rename my CR2 images as they're being downloaded from the card) to do this.

RAW file support can open a huge can of worms which is why I use programs specially designed for such purposes.[/quote]

I understand.

I tried twice to register to the Breeze Systems forums and both times, after waiting 3 days (unable to post until a mod authenticates my account) i find that my account has been deleted. I dont see anywhere that says I have to be a registered product owner to sign up for their forums. I am in trial mode and do not want to spend $30 for nothing if the program is not what I want. I explained this in an email to them, but as of yet (3 days now) i have yet to receive a response.

Is this typical behavior for this company? One would think that they would allow anyone to use their user-user based forums for people to ask questions and to get help. I assume this is the reason why my account keeps getting deleted (and yes I responded to their auto email to activate my account). They do not even send an email explaining why the account was not accepted.

Anyone else have issues like this with Breeze Systems?

No it's not, but I had sort of the same problem in that I waited about 24 hours to be approved in the Breeze forums. However when I fired off a question about it to Chris Breeze I was approved within an hour. I was a registered user of Downloader Pro then but I don't have reason to believe that made a difference. If I were you I would give it another try.

FWIW I love DLP, I've been using it since last summer and it's already paid for itself several times over.