Rename, Show Preview - Control number of lines shown?

Is there some way to control the number of lines the Rename dialog shows in Preview mode? It seems to show the first 128 by default.

I coded a Rename script (JavaScript) and would need to see the results of the renaming for several hundred file names.

Thanks.

Just drag the lower-right hand corner of the window via the handle to resize the Rename dialog ...

Sorry, just ignore my reply, i think i didn't read your post very well ...

You can use the Test mode option in the Rename dialog if you want to see more lines than the preview shows.

Even though I had tried it out, I never thought of using the Test view in such a way. This works pretty well. Thanks.

My "Book Title Caps" rename script should be done soon, will post it over at the Scripts forum.

Hi Aeon,

can you explain to me (in short), how you switched your rename script
to javascript ?! I thought DO just supports visual basic scripting ?!

thx!

There's a guide to using JScript and Perl here:

[Rename scripts in JScript, VBScript and PerlScript)

Oh sweet, and that simple.. o)

Thank you Leo!

Right, I was so happy to find leo's info on JavaScript, because I started writing scripts for UltraEdit recently (ARexx returneth... somewhat) and did not really want to learn another language.

My Rename script is quite long and fully commented so it should help you check out a few "working" examples.

Myarmor deserves the credit really. I just packaged the info into a convenient post. :slight_smile: