Rename Slow

Hi.. One of the last updates seems to have made rename extreme slow. I renamed a file using right-click rename and it took about 2-3 seconds for the file to be renamed. The rename works okay in File Explorer.

Is it the same as this issue?

Leo - Thank you for such a detailed response. DO support is just awesome. Your first video shows exactly what I am talking about. I am using 12.19.4 (Beta) x64 version. You are correct. If I hit enter after rename it is instant. Seems to be strange the left-click mouse is so slow. I will try to change my habits. Thank you again.

One more question. Is there a quick, easy way to lock a folder? Ideally I would love to right-click and select "Lock Folder" so the contents of the folder could not be modified. I wouldn't even care if the lock folder only happened in DO. This is mainly to stop accidental delete or moving of files in a folder.

That'll be fixed in the next beta. I think 12.19 didn't have the issue either.

You'd want to change the permissions on the folder + contents for that. I don't know of a quick/easy way, although you could probably make one with a button that runs the icacls.exe command built in to Windows.

I actually would not change the permissions of a folder to accomplish this. Once you start changing permission it can cause all types of issues if a mistake is made. I would really like the folder to just be locked in DO and it can be a standard folder in say File Explorer or any other program. Since I only use DO for every files operation this would certainly be a handy feature. Maybe in a future release some day.

Nothing that you can't undo very easily (assuming you have administrator rights on the machine).