Renaming Duplicate Files

I have a folder hierarchy containing files, many of which end in "(1)" or "copy".

I can't figure out how to accomplish this using the Rename feature in DOPUS.

Ideally, I'd like DOPUS to search for "(1)" and replace it with nothing, and I could repeat the same for other duplicate file names such as "(2)" or "copy".

Also, using examples: file.docx & file (1).docx
If file.docx doesn't exist, file (1).docx could be renamed to file.docx
It file.docx does exist, it would give me a message, option to skip, or simply do nothing.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

Ideally, I'd like DOPUS to search for "(1)" and replace it with nothing, and I could repeat the same for other duplicate file names such as "(2)" or "copy".

What's stopping you?

Parameters for the Advanced Renamer:

Mode: F&R
Old name: (1)
New name: empty
Ignore extension: checked
Automatically rename if new filename exists: checked

When the automatically rename if new filename exists option is turned off in the Rename dialog, you'll get an error/skip dialog if the new name is already in use.

Thank you. Should should work, except the find feature is selecting folders that don't match the Old Name criteria:
folders such as "01", "05", and files with names such as DB891A are detected by the find feature.

I was unable to put quotes around the find criteria. It may be searching for any "1" present in any file name?

If you type ( into the Find panel you should see a message explaining how to search for a literal ( if that's what you want to do:

That works. Thank you! Though, I'm still having issues generally searching for that exact character sequence/string. In the main DOPUS window, I've tried
"(1)"
'(1)'
'(1')
but the results include many other folders and files not specified
such as "01" etc.

If you're using the Search field at the top right of the main lister window, that string gets passed to Windows Search. The exact syntax and handling is up to Windows (and not very well documented, unfortunately).

Using Tools > Find Files is often easier if Windows Search isn't working as expected.