Renaming file or folder causes temporary duplicate to appear

I still can't think of what would have caused that, based on the logs and other info which rule out the possibilities I could think of.

Were you already planning to move everything to the D drive where it wasn't happening? If you're still planning to, I would do that and then see if that keeps the problem from coming back.

I will be doing that in the next week or so and let you know. Thank you for your efforts.
I will also check it out when Opus is next updated. Speaking of which would you think and uninstall/reinstall might be helpful if the problem continues on D drive?
eb

Might be worth a try, just to see how things behave with the default configuration.

Uninstalling will wipe your config, so be sure to make a backup first, using Settings > Backup & Restore.

After uninstalling and reinstalling, try with the default configuration for a while before restoring the backup.

will let you know.
eb

Leo,
I am planning to try the uninstall this weekend since I just discovered what may be another hitch in the Opus installation. When I ask it to check for updates, it does open the box and how me the current updates and the history, but then it never loads the actual update and let's me click install. Alternatively, if on that PC I am connected to a corporate VPN, the the update box never opens. I wonder if that is a possible other indication that there is something slightly hincky in that install.

Once I use Win10 add/remove the delete the program is the anything else I should search out in the registry before doing a reinstall?

That sounds like a network, firewall or antivirus issue. Maybe something is blocking dopus.exe from connecting to the internet.

The uninstaller does all that is needed. Be sure to do a config backup first, but try using the default config for a while before restoring it, as I mentioned above.

Leo,
Just wanted to give you an update. Problem solved.
I uninstalled and reinstalled Opus. The reinstalled version ran fine. When I imported my config it started messing up again. Something else that was not working in the version that was duplicating file names, was Ctrl Z. When I pressed that key, deleted files were not restore.
Anyway, all is good for now and thank you again for you excellent work on one of my principal go-to programs.
Elliott

Thanks for the update!

Do you still have the config update? We'd like to take a look and see if any possible cause is evident. If you have it and don't mind sending it, please send it via private message or in email to crashdumps@gpsoft.com.au -- many thanks!

Leo,
I like the way you think. I have a few older configs. I will send to that email with some notes. However, I am embarrassed to warn you they will look very basic. I have never had time (although I hope to now that I am retired) begin to explore the wealth that Opus has to offer.
eb

1 Like

Leo,
Just tried to send to crashdumps and it bounced. The message is below. I can send to private message, but please advise how. Also, I realized in creating a new ocb that it allows me to add notes. But how do I view them? I started a restore but didn't want to bollix things up. As you get a few screens into the restore does it let you read the notes?
Elliott

host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[74.125.195.27] said: 552-5.7.0 This message was blocked because its content presents a potential 552-5.7.0 security issue. Please visit 552-5.7.0 File types blocked in Gmail - Gmail Help to review our 552 5.7.0 message content and attachment content guidelines. j132si2097274pfc.84 - gsmtp (in reply to end of DATA command)

GMail is ridiculously strict/paranoid about attachments, including archives that contain exe or script files. Maybe it's what's in the script add-ins folder of the config backup.

Sending it via private message here is probably easiest.

Sorry to be dim, but not sure what you mean by "private" email on this system. Can I just attach to one of these replies?

Click Leo's name, and then in the little popup that appears click the blue Message button.

thank you, now I know.