Renaming individual files, make crtl+end not select file type suffix?

I recently switched from win7 to win10 and reinstalled DO.
Now, when renaming individual files, pressing crtl+end would take me to just before the dot marking the file type suffix. This was very convenient because I often have non-uniform long strings at the end of file names that I need to delete. Now, it always goes right to the end of the file type suffix.
Anyone know how I can fix this?

Best,
kutulist

Try the End key. Tested with Opus 12.

1 Like

Should have mentioned: DOPUS 10.

And it is the same with just using the end key (only without the selection). Goes to the end of the suffix, not the end of the name sans suffix.

It's possible the End key behavior was added after Opus 10. (I can't remember that far back!)

Sticking to Opus 10, maybe you had extensions hidden in the filename column on the old PC?

Also, with a default config, if you've just pushed F2 (or clicked) to start renaming the file, the name stem (that is, the name excluding the extension) will be selected initially. So you just need to push the right arrow key to put the cursor at the end of the stem and before the extension/dot, which might be even easier than Ctrl-End. (At least, I think Opus 10 behaved the same way. Opus 12 does, at least.)

Thank you.

Extension were not hidden, I'm certain of that.

I just found that shift+ctrl+end works.

As for pushing right after F2ing, that works as described, but doesn't help me.
I rename early parts of the file name and then need to delete everything from there to the end.
And like I said, I'm very certain that it worked back on win7 just a week ago.

The last version of Opus 10 was released in March 2014.
Windows 10 came out in July 2015.
Expecting Opus 10 to be fully compatible with an OS that wasn't released until over a year later is a little optimistic :slight_smile: