Reset external image viewer?

Using the latest released version of Dopus on Win x64 (1903). At some time in the past, I changed the image handler on double click from Dopus to Irfanview_x64. I want to change back to Dopus viewer, but I cannot find how to do this!

Tried that. Still get error. Here are the setting and error msg

Are you opening the files by double-clicking on them?

What type(s) of files are they?

If you select them and turn on the Preview Pane, do they display OK there?

File type "*.jpg". Opens on double click in Explorer using Irfanview_32 which is the windows default app I have set.
In Dopus, double click gives the error I note in the previous post. Right click "View in Directory Opus" opens in the DOpus viewer. "Open" on right click opens in Irfanview_32, as expected. View pane uses the DOpus viewer.
In summary, it seems only double click in DOpus tries to find Irfanview_x64, which is not installed and despite the Preference pointing to the DOpus viewer.

Focus on double-clicks within Opus for now. Let's get that working first.

If you go to Settings > File Types and look at the Images file type group, and JPG system file type, do they have anything set for their double-click events, or Open actions?

Is .JPG included in the Images file type group's list of extensions? (Open the drop-down when editing the group, to see the full list.)

(Don't change anything yet, just tell us what is set there, if anything.)

Yes, there are a large number if irfanview associations. Most of the list is in the graphic:

Double click the JPG one, and also Images under File Type Groups, then see my questions above about the Events and Actions tabs within the dialogs that appear.

Thanks! I changed the actions by editing the entry pointing to Irfanview_64 by deleting the entry, so now like the others Not assigned. Works as intended now opening in DOpus viewer. And I learned about File Types.
Case closed. Thanks again

Which entry was it set on before?

Mapped to Irfanview x64. I did not keep the command line, but I suspect it was installed by Irfanview not by my modifying DOpus. Then, when I moved to a new machine on which I did not install Irfanviewx64, and re-applied the DOpus configuration I had saved, I ended up with the error.

The Preferences setting should override that, unless it was on the Left Double-Click event, which isn't something IrfanView could change (it's specific to Opus and usually only something you could configure yourself).

OTOH, if it was on the Open action that you had to delete, then my guess is there's still a problem in your config as JPG is probably not included in the Images file type group.

I likely was not clear. jpg is in the image file group (first screen shot). The left double click field had a line pointing to Irfanview_64 which I deleted. (current second image without the line) Now works as intended w built in viewer

Thanks! That makes sense now. It must have been something you set up in the past, if it was on that event.

That event normally runs the Show command, if you want to make it do the standard thing.