Right Click Menu

Out of curiosity, is the right click menu shown in the video on the bottom of page 2 of the DO9 preview the default menu? Mine is substantially different (e.g., it's missing Navigation Lock) and I don't remember customizing it.

It's not the default menu but I can post it later if you want a copy. I have modified my context menus quite a lot.

Take a look at the File Types section in the PDF manual. On Page 124 (Page 132 for Adobe Reader :unamused:) it is described how to customize the context menus.

If you'd like to apply some changes that are more substantial, there are some interesting threads here:

[Tip: Organise and Speed-Up Context Menus)
[Crash, exit or high CPU when right-clicking certain files)
[Position of context menu item)

Greetings,
Jan

The menu NeilN refers to is actually the Lister Context Menu rather than a filetype context menu. The Lister Context Menu can be edited from Customise - Context Menus.

If you could post yours, that'd be great. I'm always interested in what other users have come up with.

have a look see at this thread.

I've posted my Lister Context Menu here: [Custom Lister Context Menu (as seen in Opus 9 preview))

Thanks Leo and Ken. Just added the "DOS Prompt Here" command to Leo's Lister context menu and now I'm all set.

I have DO installed on two computers. DO on my desktop has right-click context menu options to convert or combine files to Adobe PDF - which I use all the time. For some reason the PDF context menu options were not enabled with DO on my laptop. I assume there is a way to enable the context menu via the reference above but I need more information. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Opus doesn't have anything like that built-in so this menu would be coming from something else you have installed on your desktop.

OK. I have Adobe Acrobat installed on both systems. How do I enable Adobe context menus on my laptop? Or stated another way; Why do I have the context menus on my desktop system and not on my laptop?

Thanks!

Do the items appear if you hold shift as you right-click?

If so you've probably turned on the "Hide Windows items on file context menus" option in Opus. It's under Prefs -> Misc. -> Windows Integration.

(See [Tip: Organise and Speed-Up Context Menus) )

[quote="leo"]Do the items appear if you hold shift as you right-click?

If so you've probably turned on the "Hide Windows items on file context menus" option in Opus. It's under Prefs -> Misc. -> Windows Integration.

(See [Tip: Organise and Speed-Up Context Menus) )[/quote]

That was it - Thanks for the assistance!