Right-mouse context menu takes AGES to show up

Hi,

I'm testing Directory Opus 8 and noticed a bad thing:

The context-menu for files or folders takes AGES to show up. The Windows Explorer showed it immediately, now it takes maybe a minute! :frowning:

I use Windows 2000, SP4, 1 GB RAM

Try turning on Preferences, Miscellaneous, Windows Integration, Hide Windows items on file context menus and if that makes the menus fast again see if you can work out which program's menu items are causing the slow-down.

If it looks like a particular program's menus are doing it then GPSoft can probably look at and fix the problem.

[quote]
nudel wrote:
Try turning on Preferences, Miscellaneous, Windows Integration, Hide Windows items on file context menus and if that makes the menus fast again see if you can work out which program's menu items are causing the slow-down.

If it looks like a particular program's menus are doing it then GPSoft can probably look at and fix the problem.[/quote]
Wow, hiding the Windows item really DOES speed things up. But how do I find out which of the entries is causing the delay?

The only way I know of is to disable all the entries and then turn them back on one at a time. (Or do it slightly more cleverly using divide & conquer :slight_smile:.)

When I say disable, I mean go into the individual program's configurations and turn off their context menus, assuming they are optional.