Rotate Image Context Menu

I remember an image rotate context menu appearing in older versions of Directory Opus. I vaguely recall this being a sub-menu Rotate-> 90° clockwise and 90° counterclockwise.

I was able to extract the dopus commands from the image viewer pane, but out of curiosity was wondering if anything like this exists? I commonly rotate thumbnail images in the lister pane.

Thanks,
Brian

You mean the Images toolbar?

You can put those commands on to the context menu for the Images file type group if you want to. Go to Settings -> File Types, expand the File Types Groups section, double-click Images and add whatever you want to the context menu.

You mean the Images toolbar?
Yep. Haven't had a coffee yet today.

You can put those commands on to the context menu for the Images file type group if you want to.
Go to Settings -> File Types, expand the File Types Groups section, double-click Images and add whatever you want to the context menu.
That is what I currently did. Two things:

1. Find out how to create a Submenu. i.e. Rotate -> 90° CW, Rotate -> 90° CCW
  2. I thought this was already in an older version of Dopus by default. Then I don't have to transfer my settings between multiple logins.

This post has an example and descriptions on creating a submenu off the context menu:

[Set File & Folder Colors/Labels via Context Menu)

The Images toolbar is part of the default config and has rotate buttons on it (and lets you rotate lots of images with less clicking) but I'm not sure if the rotation options were ever part of the default config. If they are they don't seem to be now.

If you're using multiple machines you can always export/import all or part of your configuration.

I've never noticed the "images" toolbar before. Very handy although I'll never use it as I've just added all commands to the "images" context menu.

When I display the toolbar I get this:

And when I go into customise mode I get this:

Can anyone explain why the thumbnail icons are not available until I go into customise mode...?

Cheers

Roly

The Rotate menu you're talking about was removed in Opus 9 because it wasn't really very useful - it just rotated the current display of the thumbnail, not the image file itself, and we found people got a bit confused by that. You can add it back if you like (the raw command is Properties ROTATE)

[quote="leo"]

This post has an example and descriptions on creating a submenu off the context menu:

[Set File & Folder Colors/Labels via Context Menu)[/quote]

Directory Opus is amazing. And so is the support. :smiley:

They're only displayed when you are in thumbnails mode (or customizing the toolbar).

They're only displayed when you are in thumbnails mode (or customizing the toolbar).[/quote]

Ah, never thought of that... brilliant. Cheers Leo.

I was not, though I think I'm not searching the exact same thing. What are the hotkeys to rotate an image 90 degrees right/left in fullscreen viewer? And from experience of other image viewing programs, is there a way to have the viewer to remember the rotation for the next pictures?

I would like to use my Eee to read comics that are usually higher than they are wide and rotate the pages to read the lappie sideways. Little like pivot.

So, do I have to make a new hotkey-command-thingy to replace space (next image) to (next image + rotate 90 to right)? (And how do I do that...)

The rotate hotkeys are listed in the viewer's menu and context menu.

1, 2, 3 rotate 270, 180 and 90 degrees. 0 resets the rotation. (4 also seems to reset the rotation.)

I don't think there's a way to carry the current rotation to the next image. (It happens with zoom but not rotation. I guess the assumption is you might be looking at a lot of images at a similar resolution but where some of them are sideways and others aren't.)

You could easily batch-rotate all the images using the Rotate buttons on the Images toolbar that comes with Opus, though. Then you won't need to rotate them again at all. (The rotation may be lossless, too, though it depends on the JPEGs. If they're GIF, BMP or PNG images then the rotation will always be lossless.)

[quote="leo"]
You could easily batch-rotate all the images using the Rotate buttons on the Images toolbar that comes with Opus, though.[/quote]

I ended up adding a context menu command "Rotate 90" for File Type Group Images. With Atom 1,6GHz rotating 300 images at once takes quite some time, but this still works.

Thank you for help. :slight_smile: