Rounded corners and transparency

Feature request to have rounded corners on main window and to have adjustable transparency on main window or optionally file display background (see through to desktop). Have minimum level of around 10% so as not to make invisible.
Additionally adjustable blur please.

The window has a standard frame provided by Windows, so it will have rounded corners if the OS has rounded corners.

(In other words, rounded on XP, Vista, 7 and 11; square on 8 and 10.)

Perhaps you should add an option in advanced settings (visible only in win11) that allows you to globally control corner rounding for all dopus windows:
something like this:
corners rounding:
same as in the system
rounded
slightly rounded
disabled (rectangular)

When I ran into this, I created a small application for this purpose, but I think the best solution would be to support this in dopus natively.

Doesn’t Windows 11 have an option for this itself? We use standard window frames so you’ll get whatever is standard for your version and configuration of Windows.

If you like rounded corners, you get them by default on Win11 (and 7, Vista, XP). If you don’t, I think you can already turn them off, unless I’m misremembering.

No, unfortunately in win 11 you cannot manage rounded corners for certain processes at OS level. But there is such an api for developers (I gave links to its description above). This is what I use in my application. I wrote it mainly because I'm not happy with the look of some applications on my monitor in win11. one of them unfortunately is dopus. it looks better with rectangular corners) imho.
I just suggest adding the ability to control this in the advanced settings of dopus.

1 Like

I must be thinking of the API and getting it confused with a system-wide option. A shame Microsoft are so bad at letting the user choose how the OS looks, and punt all the work on every individual application developer!

Maybe we can add an option for it in the future.

thanks!
and I would call it a tweak, like progress_smoothing/win7_show_sharing_overlays
i don't think it will be very difficult.