RTF-Viewer (and Editor) (32-bit only)

Hmm, but that's not the whole purpose.
It should work without Office installed.

I'll have a look at this next week.

Thanks - it did strike me as strange. Maybe it's a Visual Basic thing.

Just to clarify - I have Program Files (but not Application Data) on drive D, so when I reinstalled XP to drive C, I reinstalled DOpus to [i]D:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus[/i], overwriting the original folder but creating a new [i]C:\User Name\Documents and Settings\GP Software[/i] folder.

I have done it before, months back - but can't remember if I had a problem with RTF Viewer last time:(

The only thing I did differently this time is reinstall XP SP2 and SP3 BEFORE reinstalling ANYTHING else apart from TweakUI. (I don't think I used RTF viewer last XP reinstall; then, I also had a recent backup of the Documents and Settings folder to use in any case. This time I didn't).

HTH. It's a vital plugin, BTW.

I'm trying to found a explorer with similar function, I tryed tc ,es ,q-dir etc.
I found directory opus with this plug-in! What I needed is only to preview and quick edit TXT files.
However, I'm running a 64 bit system .......SAD
Is there any other alternative solution?

Dunno if this ancient Japanese XP abandonware would work 64-bit. Right-click to preview text. Uses Susie plugins for more. The 'desktop.ini' in the Zip is my custom folder icon, delete it.
ContView141e.zip (1.4 MB)

I doubt that zip will still work. It's also not a text editor or anything that would run in the preview pane, as far as I can tell from the readme.

"Right-click to preview text". Sorry if my attempt to help wasn't up to your exacting standards.

I think eaminit is looking for a text editor, similar to this plugin that works in the viewer pane, for 64-bit Windows. (This plugin won't work on 64-bit Windows, and I think is for RTF only not plain text, but they're after something similar.)

There's already a read-only text viewer for the viewer pane (that comes with Opus). The readme in your zip didn't make it sound like it is more than a text viewer, but maybe it is an editor as well?

Something for right-click menus may offer similar convenience to the viewer pane, but right-click menus usually need to be 64-bit components on 64-bit Windows. Something from the XP era is going to be 32-bit and probably won't do anything at all on 64-bit Windows.

It's not exacting standards so much as wanting to avoid someone messing up their system with a mysterious zip of "ancient Japanese XP abandonware" which was unlikely to solve the problem they had asked about.

If I have misunderstood what is in the zip, please correct me; more detail about what it is would be useful to anyone interested in it.