GP SoftwareTwitter
Opus FAQsManualCommandsObjects

S-DOX II Icon Set - Discreet Edition (over 500 icons)

*** For personal use only ***

The S-DOX II DE Icon Set includes light and dark flat-styled icons (22x22 and 32x32) for DirOpus.

Including new navigation-/fdb-icons:

History:

11-2018 v2.41 Few new icons added and some updated (e.g. defender and firewall).
11-2016 v2.31 Fixed xml
09-2016 v2.2 Updated a few icons (Adobe, FDB,...); added Battle.net-, Origin-, Steam- and UPlay-icons
09-2016 v2.1 Updated and new FDB-buttons; few cosmetic changes
09-2016 v2.02 Small changes and updated XML to fit better with different dpi (thanks Leo)
09-2016 v2.0 First release
08-2016 v1.99 Preview

How to install:

1. Download and extract the dis-files from zip-archive.
  2. Open "prefs > toolbars > icons" and import the extracted dis-files.
  3. Optional: To replace the default FDB-buttons, just set the desired iconset to the top of the list (see 2.).

Download:
S-DOX II DE Icon Set v2.41.zip (232.8 KB)

Download Dark Edition (discontinued):
S-DOX II DE Icon Set Dark v2.11.zip (154 KB)

Final version online. Have fun!

Very nice icons!

[Update: The updated version in the post above fixes what the rest of this post talks about. Discussion may still be useful to other people who are making icon sets.]

For what it's worth, at 200% DPI they are very small, since the XML is disabling scaling at most DPIs and is also using the 22x22 icons for the small set in all cases. Maybe it would make sense to use the 32x32 icons for the small set at higher DPIs, even if you want to keep scaling disabled?

Looking great at normal DPI, though!

(What I see at 200% DPI:)

Hi Leo, thanks.

Which scaling-settings do you suggest (a template would be fine)?

There's some template XML at the bottom of here: DPI Aware Icon Sets

If you use that template, and with 22x22 and 32x32 images, I think you will get the best results if you remove the lines involving the 48x48 .PNG and 64x64 .PNG entirely (since there aren't bitmaps for those sizes with this icon set).

So something like:

<set filename="ICONS_22.PNG" size="small" width="22" height="22"> <dpi base="100"> <scale factor="100" filename="ICONS_22.PNG" width="22" height="22" no_scale_min="0" no_scale_max="125" /> <scale factor="150" filename="ICONS_32.PNG" width="32" height="32" no_scale_min="126" no_scale_max="175" /> </dpi> <icon col="1" name="empty" row="1" /> <icon col="2" name="spacer" row="1" /> ... </set> <set filename="ICONS_32.PNG" size="large" width="32" height="32"> <dpi base="100"> <scale factor="100" filename="ICONS_32.PNG" width="32" height="32" no_scale_min="0" no_scale_max="125" /> </dpi> <icon col="1" name="empty" row="1" /> <icon col="2" name="spacer" row="1" /> ... </set>

Thanks, I only copied the dpi-entries from another template introducing new dpi-settings, but did not really try out the differences (I use WQHD@125dpi here and it's fine :slight_smile:). Sizes 48/64 are planned for future release.

Updated all Icon Sets.

Nice one. Looks great at 200% DPI now.

For a rough idea of the sizes I see now (but it will be scaled down by the browser on most screens, so don't judge image quality by it):

Yes, looks usable (not best, but very usable :slight_smile:).

On the DOpus forums, when I see an image inline, I've learned to right-click on the image and choose "Open image in new tab" option. This puts it in a free-to-zoom-in-and-out tab.

Updated to v2.1 and added FDB-preview...

Nice job Sasa.

Regards, AB

Thanks AB.

these are great, many thanks :slight_smile:

Updated to v2.41