Save icons with theme or export? And a rename question

Hi Guys,

I've been using DO only for a short while but it rocks my world:)
I've made my own theme with an icon pack posted on the resource center. It looks the shitznitz and I wanted to take it home to install it there as well.
Unfortunately, either by exporting the theme or doing a settings export, pretty much everything gets exported apart from the icons...
I've copied the icon file as well, but it doesn't seem to find it. Although I can reassign them manually, is there any way to change the path to which it is pointing in the current theme?

Also, when renaming, is there an option to for instance remove the first 4 characters of a file?

Cheers,

JDM

Icons:

If you copy the images to the same location on the other machine they should be picked up (when you restart Opus or toggle the toolbars).

I keep my images below Opus's Images folder, in some sub-folders to keep things tidy. Still have to copy them manually, though. It would be nice if the Import/Export command included the images referenced by all toolbars, or if the toolbars themselves stored the images as XML data blocks rather than references to files.

Renaming:

That's pretty simple with a regular expression rename.

To: \1

Thanks nudel!
I put them on the desktop...so I guess I might have to rebuild them once with the icons in the images folder..ach well..at least I know for next time.

Another question:
I copy pasted your statusbar script, and thought it would be cool to also have it in dual mode for each display (the one with a bargraph).
So I tried to split it up..it works for pretty much everything except that the bargraph itself shows the same value for both left and right..what am I doing wrong?
this is what I did:

{rtree}
{h!} {hiL} hidden</#> {h!}
{sdL}/{tdL} folders
{sfL}/{tfL} files
{sbaL} / {tbLa} {rpad}
{h!} {dfLa} free {bg+w=160,f=2,b=#000000,c1=#ffe400,c2=#ffd000,g=0} {h!} Used
{flL}
{ls}
{rtree2}
{h!} {hiR} hidden</#> {h!}
{sdR}/{tdR} folders
{sfR}/{tfR} files
{sbaR} / {tbRa} {rpad}
{h!} {dfRa} free {bg+w=160,f=2,b=#000000,c1=#ffe400,c2=#ffd000,g=0} {h!} Used
{flR}

Cheers,

JDM

Opus's toolbar files are all XML so you can shutdown Opus and edit them in a text editor, do a search & replace on the icons paths, then save them and restart Opus. Much quicker than adjusting them all by hand!

You're using bg for both bar graphs. It should be bgl for the left one and bgr for the right one.

My full dual status bar codes (as well as Steve's ones) are attached to this post:

[Status Bar codes)

(The text file contains both single and dual codes, separately.)

Nudel,

Many thanks for the help and quick responses..much appreciated!!!

Cheers,

JDM

Nudel..got the status bar to work..you rock:)

ANother question (sorry if I'm getting on your nerves:P)
Is it possible to change the way the relative size graph looks in a lister? Currently it's got a border around it, regardless of which colour I choose.
Is there a way (in the same way you can choose a bartype in the status bar script) I can make it 'borderless' ?

Cheers,

JDM

Don't forget to post your theme too :slight_smile:

I don't think you can make the relative size bars borderless. There is a super-secret hidden registry setting which gives them a 3D border which I used to like but I think it looks a bit naff now, at least with a white background.

If you want to try it create a DWORD value called 3DRelativeFields under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\Config\User and restart Opus.

Hey Nudel and Tanis,

Thanks for the replies.
I've posted a screenshot of my theme at:
[MyOpusXP theme)

Cheers,

JDM

Looks good! Nice and clean.

Not sure if you know this already -- it's a matter of taste, obviously, and maybe you like it the way it is -- but you can add spaces to the start/end of blocks (lines) in the status bar to add a bit of a gap between the text and the divider.

Also, I want to say that you don't necessarily have to manually copy custom images over either... I keep an icon library file (.icl) file in the base Opus \Images folder and have gotten it to always be exported by creating the following new string value in the reg:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\Config\User\Images\My Icon Library

...and set the value to simply = my icons.icl

I don't even know if it's really even necessary for me to have messed with the registry manually, as I believe 'any' custom image 'added' via the Preferences->Display->Images page will be stored by Opus in the Images reg key and exported/imported along with everything else...

[quote="leo"]I don't think you can make the relative size bars borderless. There is a super-secret hidden registry setting which gives them a 3D border which I used to like but I think it looks a bit naff now, at least with a white background.

If you want to try it create a DWORD value called 3DRelativeFields under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\Config\User and restart Opus.[/quote]

This is nice :slight_smile: Thanks!
And, it works even with the latest version!

I have two questions:

1. Is an option to remove the border, now included in the latest version?

2. I noticed that, once Opus is restarted, the registry entry is removed and the setting is included as part of opus config.
    If I want to revert back to the non-3D border, how to do it?

Thanks!

I don't think there's a borderless option.

[quote]2. I noticed that, once Opus is restarted, the registry entry is removed and the setting is included as part of opus config.
If I want to revert back to the non-3D border, how to do it?[/quote]
In Opus 9 the setting is now in the GUI -- Preferences -> Miscellaneous -> Advanced: relative_fields_3d