Save last windowposition

Is there a difference between launching DO from the taskbar button versus double click on the desktiop as far as last windowposition is concerned?
It strikes me that when I use the quick launch button, DO will open using the last windowposition, e.g. right hand top corner. When I double click
the desktop, it may open anywhere - it does not save the last position.

Tks

Check your settings under Preferences - Launching Opus.

Specifically, the Startup page vs the From the Desktop page.

Okay, thanks, but eh.. then what ?

Note that in the "From the Desktop" panel, the bottom two items (Open a Default Lister and Run a defined User Command")
they are and remain greyed out.

Selecting the 2nd item "Bring the last active ..." does not make any difference in behaviour.

=

As you can see from your screenshots, the options you have selected are different - surely it's obvious why you get different results?

In any event, when you double-click the desktop, you get a default Lister opening, and the position of this can be fixed with the Preferences / Launching Opus / Default Lister / Always in the same position option.

That I can understand, but actually I assumed DO wud act a bit like IE, meaning that when I shift the open lister to some point on the screen
and close it, it will save that window position.
Anyway, no big deal, was just curious to know... :wink:

It can be like that, if you configure it to.

1. Turn on Preferences / Launching Opus / Default Lister / Update Default Lister automatically when closing a Lister.

2. Make sure Preferences / Launching Opus / From the Desktop is set to Open the Default Lister.

3. Make sure the Preferences / Launching Opus / Startup is also set to Open the Default Lister. (It isn't set that way in your screenshot.)

"Open a saved Lister Layout" and "Run a defined User Command" are most possibly greyed out because you simply don't have any "saved Layouts" or "User Commands". :wink: