Saving current folder settings via command?

I used to save the folder settings over the menu, tools etc. Now i use a macro program, which is much faster, replaying various keyboard actions. Only drawback is, i can´t change the size or title bar position without having the macro rendered useless. Is there maybe some code to save this directly? For example, i want to change the view to miniatures in a folder, so i set it & hit the hotkey & it´s saved. This refers only to changes in the view modes, not the various settings in the folder options dialog. That would maybe go a bit too far.

There's no command to do that at the moment. Could you make your macro send keyboard shortcuts instead of mouse movements? That should make it not break if the window changes size/position.

Yes, i know. But this software here, which is quite good otherwise (Hot Keyboard Pro), has some Bug. If i leave the mouse cursor option off, & start recording the macro, Opus has no focus (this has to be a bug). So either i have to start with some task change, which isn´t a good option, or - like currently - would have the mouse clicked on the title bar once & from then keep going with keyboard actions. This works so far, but i also have to set down the macro speed a bit, because otherwise parts of it were skipped. So this takes like a three seconds or so.

I would suggest this as an simple option "save current view settings". Also some "Autosize" parameter would be nice. :smiley:

Can you not edit the macro after creating it?

I agree, the command would be useful. Seems worth sending a feature request to GPSoftware.

What do you want to autosize? The lister?

[quote="leo"]Can you not edit the macro after creating it?

I agree, the command would be useful. Seems worth sending a feature request to GPSoftware.

What do you want to autosize? The lister?[/quote]

No, actually maybe this isn´t a real bug. I was able to uncheck the mouse option (was needed for the recording only) & it still works, also with all positions. But it´s still a circumstance. & yes, of course the macros can be edited, but it´s quite some experimenting, since there are dozens of values & key pushes listed. So, with this trick it´s possible.

Yes, some parameter like Set SAVESETTINGSFORTHISFOLDER, autosize=name would be nice :smiley: . I know that it´s already possible to set it globally in the first place. Anyway, this might be some often used standard option, which would be nice.

I sent in a feature suggestion to GPSoft´s.