Saving find results as report

Is there a way to search with the find function and save the results in a report that I can send to someone? Something like a text file or CSV file? I can only save as a collection which doesn't help me get the search results out so that I can present them to someone.

I searched the faq and forum and didn't find an answer.

That is quite simple. You can select all files (ctrl a) from your find results window & use either CLIPBOARD COPYNAMES or CLIPBOARD COPYNAMES=nopaths to copy all found files into the clipboard. You can find this command in the main menu under -> tools -> edit.

You can also make a button using that code (there should be an FAQ in this forum) in a button. You can paste the results into your list or mail.

You can copy this code into your clipboard, right click some empty space in a Opus toolbar & choose »customize«, then »insert«. After clicking OK you will have both
commands in a button in that toolbar. Here is a good tutorial about toolbar editing:

[url]Toolbar Editing (video tutorial)]

Button code:

<?xml version="1.0"?> <button backcol="none" display="icon" textcol="none"> <label>copy find results into clipboard</label> <tip>copy find results into clipboard</tip> <icon1>#newcommand</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>select ALL</instruction> <instruction>Clipboard COPYNAMES</instruction> </function> </button>

You can also use the Tools/Print Folder function to print the contents of a collection to a file (including in CSV format)

Thank you both for the guidance and the link to the toolbar editing tutorial. The Print Folder function was exactly what I needed.