SCCM installation automation

Hi,

Just download the last version of Directory Opus and now I have to package it so it can be deployed by SCCM (if possible with all parameters already set and the licence set too). For now when I use a parameter like /silent or /verysilent, the software is installed but when I launch it I have to choose all parameters.

I looked at your guide to install it silently but I'm a little confuse. Previously you had to create a response file for the soft (via the setup.iss), is it still the case? Because I tried to follow the step to create one with this last version and it failed at the beginning for the extraction (there is no error it just launch the install without extracting sources). And if I try to launch it with the commande setup.exe -r to create this response file, the install begins but nothing is create at the end.

Have a nice day

Regards,

Thibaut

1 Like

Please see the FAQ relating to silent installs:

Already read it as I said I my post... that's why I open a request.
But maybe I misunderstood :slight_smile:
I will try it again

I tried to create a .ps1 to deploy it as it is written in your documentation but the installation failed.
In my installation folder there are 3 files:
cert.txt which contains the certificate key
The .exe of the application
The .ps1 script to install it on the user's computers

DOpusInstall64.exe /verysilent /norestart /lang=English

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopus.exe" /cert "cert.txt" /regcode "MyRegistrationCode" /norun

Should I put it in one unique command line? Or maybe add a line to copy the cert in the folder of the application?

Please give more detail. Which part failed? What happens? Is there an error message, or something not set up afterwards?

It looks fine, assuming the cert file is in the script's current directory at the time that is run.

You shouldn't be trying to run setup.exe -r with the current installers; that information only applies to the old InstallShield ones.

Just got a code 0x1 in SCCM which is the basic code for an error. Nothing more into the log unfortunately.

Yes, the cert is in the same folder.

If you run the same commands manually, from a Command Prompt, do they work?

If they work then the issue must be on the SCCM side and how you're running the commands from SCCM.

I've never used SCCM before so I don't know how it works or what error code 0x1 coming out of SCCM indicates.

When I tried to install the software, even with the parameter /silent or /verysilent (with or without /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES) I still have the installation interface that appears (which it should not^^)

DOpusInstall64.exe /silent /norestart /lang=English

I also tried DOpusInstall64.exe /SILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /LANG=english
or .\DOpusInstall64.exe /SILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /LANG=english
and .\DOpusInstall64.exe /SILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES
even .\DOpusInstall64.exe /SILENT

But same result unfortunately

The /VERYSILENT argument works for me. You're using /SILENT instead, which still shows the install progress (according to the documentation, and also observed from a quick test).

See near the top of the linked InnoSetup documentation.

Same behavior for me with the /verysilent parameter unfortunately, I tried those command lines (see below) and everytime the interface appears

DOpusInstall64.exe /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /LANG=eng
DOpusInstall64.exe /VERYSILENT /LANG=eng
DOpusInstall64.exe /VERYSILENT

Where did the installer file actually come from? The standard filename isn't DOpusInstall64.exe.

From your website: Download Directory Opus
Version 12.32 : Directory Opus 12 Universal Installer

The file that downloads is "DOpusInstall.exe", which is the one that should be run with the /VERYSILENT etc. arguments.

You were right thank you, It was an old installer, I tried with the new one and it's ok for the installation.

Now I have to configure the first connection when I lauch it (language, version...)

After that I still have to enter my certificate so it can be activated.

It seems that my command to import it is not recognized:

PS C:\temp\Package> "C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopus.exe" /cert "cert.txt" /regcode "MyLicenceNumber" /norun
At line:1 char:57

• "C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopus.exe" /cert "cert.tx ...
  •                                                     ~

You must provide a value expression following the '/' operator.
At line:1 char:57

• "C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopus.exe" /cert "cert.tx ...
  •                                                     ~~~~

Unexpected token 'cert' in expression or statement.
+ CategoryInfo : ParserError: (:slight_smile: [], ParentContainsErrorRecordException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ExpectedValueExpression

Do you see perhaps what could be wrong please?

Googling this error brings up the following page, which seems relevant:

It's ok now I found a way to skirt it, thanks for your help