Screen refresh scrolls window up to first file

I believe this is a bug. If I display a folder with a long list of files and the top rows have been hidden by scrolling down, when I do a screen refresh (F5), the previous view is lost as the window scrolls back up to the topmost row. This requires scrolling back down to where I was.

In contrast, Internet Explorer keeps the current highlighted row in the window after pressing F5.

I'm using Windows 7.

Not a bug. F5 to refresh will reset the scroll position by design.

+1 for the day where DO will remember scroll position and selection on refreshs natively! o)

So long use this command in your F5 key or refresh button..
GoEx REFRESHKEEPSEL MAKEVISIBLE

..and install this script command:
Command.Generic_GoEx.js.txt (46.6 KB)
(Remove *.txt extension after download.)

I'm using this for at least 2 years now without much problems, I can't remember any at least. o)

This looks useful, but I'm sort of a beginner here. I saved the js script in ~\AppData\Roaming\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\Script AddIns\CLI\ . Can you tell me how to assign a keyboard shortcut to it? Thanks!

It goes into Script Addins, one up from the CLI subfolder.

Or you can drop it on Settings > Preferences / Toolbars / Scripts, and Opus will copy it to the right place for you.

To edit the F5 hotkey, go to Settings > Customize Toolbars > Keys and double-click it in the list, then change the command to the one above.

Thanks Leo! o)

1 Like

Works perfectly. Thanks, tbone and Leo!

1 Like