Script access to read/change tab label?

I don't see a way of establishing a tab's name/label using a script. Did I miss something, or is access to a tab's label not possible via a script?

Regards, AB

I was also looking for this recently. I agree I don't believe it is possible.
If it was it would be in this section of the help doco Scripting Tab

Go TABNAME can set the tab label.

Not sure scripts can read the label.

Be nice if that info would be provided as a property of the tab object.

I wanted to throw this topic in, which I created some days ago.
Scripting: Enhancement on the Tab-Object: Scripting: Enhancement on the Tab-Object

And this newly created topic as well, as it would be possible to do if there was script access to tab labels:
Display drive letter suggestion: Display drive letter suggestion

@leo

That's true, but works only if a new tab is going to be opened. I tried using it as a replacement for the "double click"-event on folders to appy a custom tab label depending on path, but did fail, because travelling through directories in one tab won't be possible anymore (dozens of tabs would open).

@aussieboykie

I don't think you missed something, getting/setting the label seems not possible by raw command or script for the current tab.

It seems the tab-label-setter party is getting bigger.. o)

[quote="tbone"]@leo

That's true, but works only if a new tab is going to be opened. I tried using it as a replacement for the "double click"-event on folders to appy a custom tab label depending on path, but did fail, because travelling through directories in one tab won't be possible anymore (dozens of tabs would open).[/quote]

No, Go TABNAME="blah" will change the current tab's label.

@leo
Sorry for that, I had another test and you're right - now it works! Wonder what I messed up when trying this.
Mhh, now then we shall have some scripting adventure with this? o)

I just put the "Tab-Labelizer" into the scripts and add-ins section, maybe it's useful for anybody else, I like the new tab-labels a lot. o)

@leo
Thanks again for supplying the missing bits, to make this add-in possible!